SAFETY ALERT – PLEASE PRAY FOR NIGERIA #ENDSARS#
Based on the recent happenings in Nigeria in the past few days, there are some important safety tips I came across that I will love to share.
In times like this where bullet fly even into houses.
- I advise everyone to reduce their exposure hours outdoor and out of windows and door range if you are inside.
- Memorize this few #*FirstAid* tips for severe #Bleeding and Wounds Just incase you come across any casualty around you.
- First thing First, Check out for Danger and ensure you are safe to save. Then call for help (Ambulance or people) While waiting for medical evacuation (Medivac) or while on the way to the hospital for secondary health care, Go ahead with these primary health care tips:
1. Apply pads using a clean piece of cloth or handkerchief directly on the open wound. If non is found improvise with any trouser, turn the inside out and make use of the inside pocket as ur pad on the open wound.
2. Tie the pad or cloth in place with a bandage or another piece of cloth. If you are using the trouser, use it to tie or exert pressure on the wound to reduce bleeding. (The aim is to reduce blood loss to avoid unconsciousness.
3. Do not remove embedded object such as knife, bullet or bottle. Rather apply pressure using the bandage or pieces firmly with the foreign object that penetrate the skin to reduce bleeding (But make sure its not so tight to enable blood flow to other part of the body). To ensure that, press the finger or toe nail of the casualty (depending on the injured area) if its not white after you leave the nail then blood flow is OK.
4. Do not wash the wound or clean with methylated spirit or alcohol. Cover the victim with a blanket or towel to keep warm to avoid shock as a result of cold.
5.) If the casualty is very thirsty and gasp for water don’t give much water to drink but just wet the tongue and throat with little water.
6.) Assure the casualty frequently that he or she will be alright. Do not narrate to them the negative state of the situation or the severity of the wound to avoid shock due to fear.
7) Apply CPR if casualty is unconscious at any point. Repeat it till you get to the Doctor. Use Ambu bag to give the breath or external oxygen if the ambulance has one.
8) Never leave the casualty alone .
Remember,your assistance ends where the Health specialist (Doctor/Nurse) takes over.
STRAY BULLETS ARE REAL, PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING
1. If u have nothing doing outside please stay indoors.
2. Do not stay too long at bus stops, take a timely decision if you want to take a cab.
3. This is not a good time to see people off by trekking long distances before getting a cab.
4. For those driving personal vehicles, the more you stay away from high traffic areas, the better at this time.
5. When you hear news of unrest and violence from a particular area please avoid such areas, do not be too eager to go see what is going on there .
6. Avoid staying close to windows of your office and homes.
7. Avoid late night movements, the earlier you return to your homes safely the better.
8. Ensure you keep in touch with family and friends on a daily basis via phone calls.
9. Continue to share valid information from different locations and also warn as many people as you possibly can to avoid hotspots.
10. It is not a bad idea to exhibit your human right by clamouring for good governance however, let’s be guided on how we go about it.
Wisdom is profitable to direct….
#Please stay safe,
Im using this medium to sympathize with those who have lost their lives, loved ones, family members and friend – YOUR/THEIR STRUGGLES WILL NEVER BE IN VAIN!!!
LETS KEEP PRAYING FOR NIGERIA!!! #ENDSARS#