Emergency Response Technician Job In U.S – Monaca, PA
Job Ref: 122567BR
Job Location: Pennsylvania, United States
The Shell Polymers Monaca Plant will be a world-scale petrochemical plant in Western Pennsylvania that upgrades locally-produced ethane from Marcellus and Utica shale formations gas production to make polyethylene. As construction of the site progresses, the site is now growing to support Commissioning and Start-Up activities and prepare for full operation in the early 2020s.
The Emergency Response Technician provides an initial response to protect People, Environment, the Asset, and the Shell Reputation in the event of an emergency. This position is to effectively and efficiently execute all aspects of emergency response. Individuals in this job are expected to have a visible field presence, as demonstrated through doing core work activities; working with others in the department to coordinate responses and maintain fixed and mobile fire protection equipment throughout the site; demonstrate visible HSSE leadership and commitment; and apply the HSSE management system to work activities. Where compliance and/or assurance issues are not being addressed, this position is expected to escalate those issues to their Team Lead or Emergency Response Manager. This position should be a Subject Matter Expert in Industrial Emergency Response and have knowledge in Active Fire Protection systems and Process Safety. This role will ensure that the Emergency Response processes, training, and drills are completed as required and mobile equipment is maintained and ready to respond.
- Must have legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer.
- Bachelor’s degree in Occupational Health and Safety, Fire Protection, Emergency Response, or related technical degree or certifications.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Emergency Response in an industrial or related setting.
- Must meet the Fitness to Respond Requirements for performing firefighting duties.
- Skills in hazard recognition, risk assessment, problem-solving, and decision-making is an advantage.
- Working knowledge of Industrial Firefighting apparatus and foam generation equipment
- Perform other Shift Emergency Response Team Lead duties as required.
- Previous experience with the National Incident Management System (NIMS 100, 200, 300) is an advantage
- Certifications in the following/ equivalent is preferred:
- National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) 1081 Interior and Exterior
- NFPA 472 Hazardous Waste Technician
- NFPA 1006 Standard for Technical Rescue
- Emergency Medical Technician (EMT), Advanced Emergency Medical Technician (AEMT), or Paramedic
How To Apply
Interested and qualified applicants can apply by clicking on the link below
HSEWatch is an all-encompassing Health and Safety platform. Always visit HSEWatch for Insightful HSE articles, HSE Jobs, HSE Training opportunities and HSE News.
If you have any question as related to health and Safety, feel free to ask us, we will guide you as much as possible.
You can also advertise your Health and Safety related products and services here on HSEWatch, contact us today on – Ubongeh4life@gmail.com
We are waiting to be of service to you.