Work Location: US-ND-Tioga
Department / Discipline: HSSE
Position Type: Staff / Permanent
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for an EHS Specialist, in the oil and gas industry.
U.S. Only: Authorization to work permanently in the U.S. without sponsorship required.
- This professional is responsible for providing technical assistance to field personnel for the implementation of Environmental, Health & Safety policies and procedures
- Work with the operations staff to collect and maintain required EHS data
- Demonstrate practical knowledge of computer programs, and applicable environmental, health and safety statutes and regulations
Skills / Qualifications
Successful candidate to possess:
- Formal education in a related field and verifiable experience with its applicability within the Oil and Gas industry
- 5+ years of expereince as an EHS Specialist
- Ability to communicate with the EHS Supervisor/Lead to resolve violations, maintain permits and address releases
- Experience collaborating with data collection, and providing field input for the evaluation/improvement of Company policies and procedures
- Track record of supporting the investigation of Company violations of a regulatory nature, including field investigations
- Ability to promote awareness of EHS procedures on site and ability to act in a safe manner to avoid unnecessary risks.