EHS Specialist Position in the U.S
Location: Carpinteria, CA
- Participates in the development and implementation of corporate-wide safety programs such as Hazardous Communication, Lockout/Tagout, Respiratory Protection, Fire Prevention and other OSHA safety compliance programs.
- Advises functional areas regarding safety protocols and procedures to ensure regulatory compliance with local, state, and federal agencies.
- Conducts routine and follow-up safety and hazard inspections of corporate facilities.
- Responds to emergency situations involving employee injury and property damage incidents; prepares reports of findings and submits recommendations.
- Leads and implements a learning culture through lessons learned from near miss reporting, safety observations, incident investigations and other learning forums.
- Develops cost effective approaches to achieve compliance with HSE issues.
- Assist project team members with all safety concerns from the field.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, public administration, engineering, construction, occupational safety and health, or related field
- 1-3 years previous experience in comprehensive workplace safety and compliance programs
- Solid knowledge of state and local statutes and ordinances on fire safety and prevention, respiratory protection, hazardous chemicals, building, electrical, noise pollution and the environment
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
- Proficient computer skills, Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel)
- Up-to-date on latest local and state regulation and guideline changes
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Must be extremely detail oriented
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Willing and able to work in a fast pace environment
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should click on the link below to apply online
HSEWatch is an all-encompassing Health and Safety platform. Always visit HSEWatch for Insightful HSE articles, HSE Jobs, HSE Training opportunities and HSE News.
If you have any question as related to health and Safety, feel free to ask us, we will guide you as much as possible.
You can also advertise your Health and Safety related products and services here on HSEWatch, contact us today on – Ubongeh4life@gmail.com
We are waiting to be of service to you.