EHS Officer job in Selangor – Malaysia
Career Level: Experienced
Function: Environmental Health & Safety
Primary City: Subang
Primary State/Province: Selangor
Primary Country: Malaysia
Postal Code: 47200
1. Assist Facility & EHS Manager in EHS related functions.
2. Assist with performing and tracking safety audits in GEESM.
3. Advise staff of any safety infringement detected during audits.
4. Support EHS Star Point Program.
5. Track and monitor accident and injury rates in accordance to OSHA and GE EHS requirements.
6. Provide support for safety committee and work as liaison with Health,Safety & Environment related contractors.
7. Follow up on safety issues brought up from shop floor.
8. To prepare/ review Safety and Health SOP, S&H Project Plan, Hazard Identification, Risk Assessment and Control, and monitor the implementation and enforcement of safety issues in shop floor.
9. Maintain a systematic filing system for quick reference and retrieval of important documentation during inspection by internal/external.
10. Assist in preparing delivery EHS training.
11. Lead and coordinate EHS Teams.
12. Participate in AWO and NPI with EHS input.
13. Maintain up to date Work Plans assigned.
14. Maintain Health,Safety & Environment Framework elements assigned.
15. Prepare and submit Safety, Health & Environment Monthly Reports.
16. Attend training to maintain proficiency in EHS related issues.
17. Adhere to all company regulations punctuality, attire and discipline.
18. To perform and execute the Environment , Safety & Health monitoring tasks ( Schedule Waste, Waste Water, recycled Waste Management ) etc.
19. To comply with Occupational Safety & Health Act (OSHA 1994),FMA,EQA and its laws & regulations.
20. In-house training/induction/briefing to employee/ visitor & Safety briefing/tool-box meeting for contractor
21. To assist Safety Officer on safety related matters to Department of Occupational Safety & Health (DOSH)
22. To assist on Investigation of Industrial Accidents
23. To involve in Company-wide activities (Fire Drill , Safety Committee ) etc.
24. Perform other responsibilities as assigned by superior or Management from time to time.
This role will be responsible to plan and provide support to implement and facilitate EHS procedures throughout GEESM. The role will also be required to advise on EHS regulatory and compliance requirements for the site and manage activities that promote EHS protection at workplace consistent with accepted regulations and GE Aviation corporate standards.
Diploma in Science/Environment/Applied Science or any other related disciplines
Green Book Holder will be an advantage
Excellent written and spoken communication and interpersonal skills in Bahasa Malaysia and in English
Strong analytical, problem-solving and organisational skills.
Demonstrated ability to work independently and across functions
HSEWatch is an all-encompassing Health and Safety platform. Always visit HSEWatch for Insightful HSE articles, HSE Jobs, HSE Training opportunities and HSE News.
If you have any question as related to health and Safety, feel free to ask us, we will guide you as much as possible.
You can also advertise your Health and Safety related products and services here on HSEWatch, contact us today on – Ubongeh4life@gmail.com
We are waiting to be of service to you.