EHS Coordinator Job in California with BBSI
BBSI (Nasdaq) is experiencing a steady rate of growth and is looking for key employees to complement our existing teams. The EHS Risk Consultant role provides leadership to our business-owner clients and our internal team of experts.
The BBSI EHS Risk Consultant’s primary objective is to help business owners maximize their investment in human capital through establishment of best practices, specifically focusing on enterprise risk management and risk mitigation strategies that jointly and positively impact client and BBSI initiatives and profitability.
Additionally, the Risk Consultant will partner with client companies to educate and influence them on matters involving the promotion of a proactive risk management culture, occupational health and safety and behavior based safety.
This person must demonstrate strong business acumen, an entrepreneurial spirit with a genuine desire to proactively and consistently deliver results for our clients and internal teams.
This position is accountable to the Director of Risk Management, the Area Manager and respective Business Unit(s).
- The ideal candidate will be results-focused, accountable, motivated and highly organized.
- Solid understanding of occupational health and safety principles and practices including regulatory compliance. This includes self-directed maintenance on knowledge of current laws, events, industry trends and economic factors.
- Demonstrated proficiency in conducting root cause analysis for risk mitigation.
- Ability to benchmark, measure, analyze and articulate the value of risk management initiatives, practices and policies.
- At least 10 years of risk management, occupational health and safety and regulatory compliance experience required.
- Ideally the candidate will have a professional certification(s) such as CSP (Certified Safety Professional), ARM (Associate in Risk Management), RPIH (Registered Professional Industrial Hygienist), CHMM (Certified Hazardous Materials Manager), CIH (Certified Industrial Hygienist), Six Sigma (Black or Green Belt) or an equivalent certification.
- Desirable for candidate to have operation or consulting experience.
- Demonstrated ability to write, develop and deliver successful presentations to individuals and groups at all levels of an organization.
- Extensive Microsoft Office experience.
- Possession of a valid driver’s license and ability to use your own vehicle, proof of automobile insurance meeting BBSI coverage criteria.
- Bachelor’s degree, advanced degree preferred.
- Ability to become a trusted advisor to business owners.
- Roughly 70% of time spent with clients at their location – primarily local.
- Specific risk management or risk mitigation skills include, but are not limited to:
- Facility, job site and pre-construction surveys.
- Regulatory compliance, including OSHA compliance consultations.
- Driver safety, fleet safety, loss control.
- Return to work programs and implementation.
- Safety champion identification and development.
- Train-the-trainer occupational safety programs.
For individuals with these requirements, this position offers at a minimum:
Generous base salary, bonus structure, 401k with employer match and benefits.
Knowledge that you are working for a results oriented organization.
Opportunity to impact the success and growth of client companies and BBSI.
Gain experience working in multiple industries.
If you meet the above requirement, we welcome the opportunity to learn more about you. Submit qualifications to: email@example.com.