EHS Advisor job in Canada
Job Ref: ENG00031220
Job Location: Ottawa/Montréal
- Key person for managers and employees to advise on HSE challenges on local sites;
- Train employees on EHS procedures and policies aligned with ENGIE’s HSE program;
- Develop specific HSE procedures on site (LOTO sheet, Risk analysis, orientation for subcontractors, waste management, etc.);
- Implement all relevant ENGIE HSE procedures on site (example: lone worker procedure);
- Coordinate activities and prepare/submit reporting to outside agencies;
- Assist in the security process for the requirements on site.
- Inspect, collect and analyze data required for all environmental and safety reporting;
- Performs project support work such as emission inventory, control equipment evaluation and testing, database development and analysis of technical data for permitting studies;
- Develop and assist the environmental program requirements, including but not limited to air, water, halocarbons, diesel tanks, mold, solid and hazardous materials, PCB, Asbestos;
- Assist environmental compliance requirements which may include collecting records, preparing reports, monitoring/directing work performed by consultants, etc.;
- Participate in the facility’s strategic planning and project review process, tract metrics, and support continuous improvement of the environmental management system;
- Assist in the development and the implementation of the corporate environmental management system.
Health and safety:
- Develop and implement a safety program for each site to capture specific risk and maintain these documents updated;
- Develop and maintain a contractor training program specific for each site, in compliance with ENGIE EHS policies;
- Implement and drive the safety committee to guide the site’s safety culture;
- Participate in incident investigation, mitigation, root cause analysis and corrective action;
- Proceed to workplace inspection and present report to Manager on site and HSE department;
- Assess and mitigate employee exposure to hazards in the workplace;
- Forward all corporate communication regarding H&S on site;
- Maintain trainings records for all employees with the internal tool in place;
- Proceed to inspection on construction site when construction is ongoing in the different buildings of our operations;
- Implement an Observation Visit program for subcontractors on site.
- Bachelor of Science in an EHS or engineering discipline or equivalent combination of education/experience;
- Around 5 years of relevant experience in an industrial facility and/or in the energy sector, in terms environmental compliance as well as occupational Health & Safety;
- Knowledge of French
- Provides technical assistance within discipline field as directed;
How To Apply
Interested and qualified persons can apply for this opportunity by clicking on the link below
HSEWatch is an all-encompassing Health and Safety platform. Always visit HSEWatch for Insightful HSE articles, HSE Jobs, HSE Training opportunities and HSE News.
If you have any question as related to health and Safety, feel free to ask us, we will guide you as much as possible.
You can also advertise your Health and Safety related products and services here on HSEWatch, contact us today on – Ubongeh4life@gmail.com
We are waiting to be of service to you.