Domain Lead – Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) Job in Texas with BP
Location: United States – Texas – Houston
Job ID: 109742BR
Job profile summary:
Accountable for the HSE data asset within a BP Upstream global domain. Ensures the HSE domain’s data initiatives enable value creation across functional and regional boundaries and adheres to BP’s data governance, internal standards and external regulatory and legal requirements. Drives a unified, integrated high value platform, data democratization and continuous improvement of the HSE domain’s data assetThe HSE Domain includes all data elements pertaining to HSE data, information and digital documentation. Accountable for managing the HSE data operations and strategy across Upstream functions and regions. The role is accountable for the effective management and delivery of HSE activities within Upstream and works closely with Integration Director, Data Domain, & Operations Leads to deliver HSE domain specific projects and strategy.
- Understanding of end to end HSE data management, technology, processes & best practices.
- Sets the HSE Data Strategy including boundary, data element prioritization, roadmap, budget, plan & tools used. Ensures alignment with BP Upstream Data Strategy & adherence to BP standards & regulatory requirements.
- Steers the direction of data for all global business areas pertaining to the data domain. Acts as a conduit between function data strategy & strategy execution at the region level
- Gains Upstream, Digital & technical top management buy-in for the strategy, execution, data ownership & an empowered, engaged data culture across functions & regions.
- Leads prioritization of critical data initiatives within the HSE domain portfolio to enable & support the digital strategy & value.
- Makes key decisions related to data in the HSE area, including data initiatives & use cases. Clarifies complex regulatory & data ownership issues & finds an appropriate way to deliver value in an integrated, holistic data landscape.
- Steers execution, resolving issues, removing barriers & ensuring progress to plan & budget & value delivery.
- Attracts, retains & develops data expert capability of the data team. Provides direction to direct reports & other data resources within the functions & regions to raise data accountability. Defines KPIs & empowers resources to drive improvements in the domain. Leverages external partners for specific capabilities as appropriate
- Owns a segment-wide view of the primary data risks for the domain. Manages. the standard risk assessment portfolio. Implements data management processes & policies. Manages quality of domain data & adherence to standards.
- Drives an open data culture within the domain to minimize silo thinking.
- Builds the domain’s data capabilities through knowledge sharing & leveraging BP’s learning platform.
- Provides leading insight of industry & technology trends & best practices. Provides input into shaping Upstream’s data agenda & platform to create a culture of excellence.
- Ability to operate effectively across organizational boundaries within a highly complex, highly regulated, fast-paced, fluid, Agile environment.
- Builds trusted relationships to influence senior leadership, SMEs & technical resources across the Function, Region, and digital & technical organization.
- Has the HSE technical credentials to lead a team of data experts.
- Attracts & grows a community of empowered data experts & leaders to drive innovation, performance & development of self & others across the domain.
- Monitors current trends & data development in industry & digital space.
- Recognized HSE leader with business & regulatory understanding, broad technical knowledge & deep expertise in data concepts to identify value, balance risk, prioritize & drive strategy & initiatives across the data life cycle to create business value & impact.
- 15+ years in oil & gas with awareness designing, building & operating HSE data platforms for a significant business segment including concepts, standards, practices, tools & technologies across the data lifecycle.
- Experience of scaling, integrating & rationalizing a data platform to fit business needs & create data value long-term.
- Proven ability to collaborate with all levels of leadership & subject matter experts across the technology landscape to ensure the data platform is ready to meet current & future needs.
- Success in “liberating data”, establishing data as an asset & promoting a culture of innovation & relentless improvement.
- Experience in leading substantial initiatives that drive integration, quality improvement, standards, compliance & a culture of valuing data as an asset.
How to Apply
Suitable and qualified candidates should submit a copy of their CV and job profile via the link below:
HSEWatch is an all-encompassing Health and Safety platform. Always visit HSEWatch for Insightful HSE articles, HSE Jobs, HSE Training opportunities and HSE news.
If you have any question as related to health and Safety, feel free to ask us, we will guide you as much as possible.
You can also advertise your Health and Safety related products and services here on HSEWatch, contact us today on – Ubongeh4life@gmail.com
We are waiting to be of service to you