Director of HSE MBI Energy Services United States
Location: Belfield, ND, USA
Job Type: Full Time
The Director of HSE will be the primary leader of the HSE staff and ensure their proficiency in HSE related skills. The Director of HSE provides support and guidance to management and employees helping to ensure Company objectives are achieved in the areas of safety, security, training, environment and regulatory compliance. This includes providing assistance and instruction to all levels of management in their efforts to reduce the frequency and severity of personal injuries, motor vehicle accidents, property damage losses, and environmental releases.
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Strong background in HSE systems and processes.
- Reports directly to VP of HSE and must possess strong communication skills.
- Develops, implements and oversees safety programs, initiatives and awareness campaigns to improve the safety performance of assigned division.
- Evaluate, train and mentor managers and professionals in HSE skills and qualifications.
- Directs the day to day activates of direct reporting staff.
- Oversees internal Company audits regarding compliance, local, State and Federal.
- Knowledge of general safety, training and environmental concepts, standards and practices.
- Basic understanding of all applicable government laws, regulations and reporting procedures such as OSHA, DOT, RCRA, EPA, ATF, DOE, NRC and NDIC.
- Working knowledge of the oil well servicing industry related safety equipment, materials, and technology
Monitors employee ability to adhere to Company policies and work.
- Establishes and maintains strong communication with operations management, customers, vendors and applicable agencies.
- Aid in the conducting of training sessions on a scheduled basis to ensure proper and adequately trained workforce.
- Aid in the conducting of drills to ensure understanding and comprehension of training.
- Active participation in Company’s behavior based safety (BBS) program.
- Must be able to drive a company vehicle and have a valid driver’s license.
Must have supervisory experience
Must be computer proficient with a working knowledge of Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
Must have flexibility in work schedule, scheduling can demand 24/7/365 including holidays.
Ability to travel 75% of the time
Must be able to work in a team environment
Must be able to perform the essential functions in a fast paced and high stress environment.
Must possess exceptional customer service skills and the ability to work with current and potential customers, both internal and external.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The physical demands of this job are outlined in the Functional Job Analysis for this position and are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Certified Safety Professional (CSP) preferred on in progress
4 year Bachelor’s degree OR 4 years of relevant industry experience
Licenses and Certifications
Valid driver’s license
This position has supervisory responsibilities for two or more full-time employees