Dam Safety Submarket Leader – United States
Locations: US-NJ-Parsippany | US-Any CHA Office Location | US-VA-Chantilly | US-NY-Albany | US-NJ-Newark
Job ID: 3991
CHA Consulting, Inc. has an extensive history of providing dam investigation, analysis and design. We provide the services necessary for any dam project, from small earthen structures to large concrete gravity dams. Our success is based on experience and our full-service approach. We form a custom team of geotechnical, hydraulic, structural, mechanical and electrical engineers, who are well-equipped to tackle the multi-disciplined challenges of dam projects.
CHA Consulting, Inc. is currently seeking a Dam Safety Project Manager – Submarket Leader to join our growing Water Practice. This position is key to maintain and grow our Dam Safety Market through expanding our client base through additional technical expertise, relationships and industry recognition. This position could be based out of any of our existing CHA’s offices.
- Grow and enhance our Dam Safety Submarket by obtaining new clients through the candidate’s network, relationships and past performance with other clients.
- Responsible to increase annual gross revenue, project delivery and project profitability for the dam safety market.
- Lead the marketing pursuits for Dam Safety for CHA, including:
- Client relationship development, project identification, client meetings, proposal and presentations
- Lead and participate in CHA’s client service and management teams.
- Project Management – Manage budgets, schedules and deliverables, and perform technical work associated with projects to ensure all client expectations are met.
- Coordinate with clients to define work programs and budgets, provide leadership in project planning and strategy.
- Handle work plan development, execution, and monitoring.
- Manage project communications and documentation.
- Supervise, develop, evaluate and assign work to staff members.
- Work closely with other disciplines on multi-discipline projects.
- Estimate fees, determine scope of work, prepare proposals and contracts on projects.
- Work closely with the client, team member, other stakeholder and regulatory agencies to satisfy comments and requirements.
- Technical lead for the preparation of construction documents for rehabilitation designs and dam removal projects.
- Active participation in related professional associations, increasing CHA’s presence and recognition in the industry.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Experience with business development, project management, technical requirements, planning, scheduling, design, permitting, and construction related services for dam safety projects.
- FERC work related experience preferred.
- Recognized internally & externally as an expert within his/her discipline with a personal commitment to stay abreast of and implement strategies that are effective to the opportunities and trends in the marketplace.
- A track record of preparing winning proposals that will produce sustainable growth of our dam safety market.
- Has an extensive network of relationships and track record of project management with clients in the dam safety market in New York State and other locations.
- Experience with various client requirements, methods, techniques and procedures involved in budgeting, procurement and contract administration.
- Strong knowledge in project management to effectively arrange resources and manage complex projects in a cross-functional environment.
- Extensive knowledge of techniques used to involve and engage community members and other stakeholders in the development of and approval of projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering required.
- Relevant advanced degree and specialization preferred.
- 10+ years of progressive technical and project managerial experience in dam safety submarket required.
- P.E. required.
- Technically astute and strategic in thinking to properly position the market for strong financial performance.
- Strong understanding and knowledge of the dam safety market as well as the expansion of services offered within that market or other services offered by CHA.
- An articulate and persuasive communicator, both one-on-one and in front of large groups.
- A high energy, results-oriented, resourceful leader who can establish himself/herself as a credible strategic member of the management team within the company.
- Strong ability to resolve issues to meet client and CHAs expectations for project delivery, performance, and client satisfaction.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills, with an ability to express complex technical concepts appropriately; ability to write clear, concise and direct narrative and reports.
- Strong negotiating and critical thinking skills.
- Customer-oriented, a positive, team-oriented and collaborative attitude, flexibility, an understanding of the business issues driving the need for the project, and solid work ethic are expected.
Other Suggested Jobs