Contractor HSSE Management Lead Shell Petroleum Qatar
Job Ref: 80793BR
Location: Qatar – Ras Laffan
Shell is the largest foreign investor in Qatar and has invested US$ 21 billion in Qatar alone in the past six years. Joining Shell in Qatar will see you work on some of the world’s most innovative energy projects: Pearl GTL and Qatargas 4. Innovation is key at Shell, and your career will be propelled by Shell’s commitment to your career, which will accelerate your learning curve and broaden your scope. Moreover, our diverse pool of global experts will see you engage with colleagues worldwide. Qatar is the world’s largest LNG supplier, and Shell’s global leadership in LNG will help forge growth in the years to come.
- Focal point for Pearl GTL’s Contractor Safety Management Process that meets the overall Shell HSSE Control frame work requirements
- Provide support to HSSE, Contracts/Procurement and Contract Holders in Pre & Post Award Contracts Safety Management
- Work with internal stakeholders (contract holders, Maintenance Manager, Contract Engineers ) and Contractors to maintain an effective working relationship
- Establish, develop and implement procedures for managing Contracts Safety
- Support the Green-Banding Assessment process for pre-bid contractor assessment
- Support the HSSE Readiness to Start process for successful contractors
- Auditing and reviewing contractor safety management process at specified frequencies for effectiveness
- Participate with Contract and Procurement in monthly/quarterly contractor Business Performance Reviews.
- Minimum Bachelor Degree in Engineering, Business Management or Science/Technical discipline
- Minimum 5 Years experience in the Energy / Oil & Gas industry
- Proven experience in a complex large multinational organization
- Practical experience of Contracts Safety & Contracts Management (using recognized Contracts & Safety Management standards (OSHAS, IOGP etc.)
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels in the organization and with external stakeholders.
- Written and spoken fluency in English is an essential requirement for the job.