Construction Safety Officer in Canada – Scott Construction Group
- Requisition No.: 2019-30358
Rotation: 5 & 2
Shift: Day Shift
We are looking for an experienced Construction Safety Officer who considers safety a number one priority. Working collaboratively as part of our project team and in partnership with our sub-trades, your role will be to implement and monitor the site-specific Project Safety Plan with the assistance of the Superintendent, Project Management team and Corporate Health and Safety Manager at our project location in Calgary.
- Implement the safety program as established within Corporate H&S Manual;
- Actively monitor and influence work progress to ensure compliance with health and safety expectations;
- Document progress in daily progress reports;
- Provide site orientations to new workers/visitors to the site;
- Monitor compliance to safety procedures and policies;
- Educate workers on safety standards and best practices;
- Initiate and supports incident response, notification, and investigation activities;
- Conduct Toolbox meetings for site staff;
- Review all Field Level Risk Assessments (FLRA);
- Take action as required to immediately correct unsafe acts or conditions;
- Communicate safety requirements to all on site;
Required Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Construction Safety Officer (CSO), Construction Safety Specialist (CSS) or National Construction Safety Officer (NCSO) certification required;
- Occupational First Aid Level 3 required;
- At least 2 years construction site safety experience, ideally on commercial, residential, institutional, industrial or tenant Improvement projects;
- University or college diploma in a relevant construction/engineering program;
- Excellent computer skills using Suretrak or MS Project Scheduling;
- Proficient working with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook;
- Excellent relationship building and influencing skills;
- Demonstrated communication, organizational and leadership skills;
- Proven creative problem solving skills;
- Strong focus on client relationships.
This permanent, full-time position requires a motivated individual who demonstrates integrity, honesty, energy and teamwork to be a fit within our culture.
Scott offers the opportunity to work on challenging, high profile projects and provides competitive compensation and benefits, including:
- competitive wage,
- extended health & dental insurance,
- RRSP contributions & matching,
- paid training opportunities,
- volunteer & social activities, and
- EFAP benefits.
How to Apply
Qualified candidates should forward a cover letter and resume to by clicking here
HSEWatch is an all-encompassing Health and Safety platform. Always visit HSEWatch for Insightful HSE articles, HSE Jobs, HSE Training opportunities and HSE News.
If you have any question as related to health and Safety, feel free to ask us, we will guide you as much as possible.
You can also advertise your Health and Safety related products and services here on HSEWatch, contact us today on – Ubongeh4life@gmail.com
We are waiting to be of service to you.