Construction Safety Advisor SHELL Petroleum Egypt
At Shell Egypt, we believe that people are our greatest asset. You will see that our commitment to your career reflects our drive to innovate on many levels. We are committed to supply the world’s need for energy in socially and environmentally responsible ways and our commitment to diversity will always be of paramount importance. Shell began operations in Egypt in 1911 and has been a steady presence and employer ever since. In addition, our social investment and development programmes attest to our commitment to make a difference for Egypt’s youth. Shell Egypt runs workshop-based sessions aimed at delivering today’s practical business skills to students through lectures and training conducted by experienced Shell hires, such as the “Step Towards Progress” (STP) at Cairo University; the “Annual Conference for Engineering Students” (ACES) & the “Give and Gain” programme at Ain Shams University, the “Real Life Project” at the American University of Cairo and the “Al Amal Programme” (Hope Programme).
Purpose & Accountabilities:
- To influence best practices and compliance with safety standards in our operations in the Western Desert.
- Support Bapetco HSE manager in competence development of HSE field staff and coach personnel on safe work practices and assurance services for construction activities at Bapetco field operations including strong interaction with construction contractors and subcontractors.
- To deliver optimal added value through knowledge transfer and development of sustainable systems, whilst complying with Company and Governmental standards and regulations.
- To implement safety systems and policies for the long-term performance improvement at all levels of the organization, including contractors and subcontractors, associated to work place safety in Bapetco construction activities.
- To coach field supervisors (staff and contractors) in compliance with Company and governmental Safety regulations and to support customers in the development, maintenance, and improvement of the HSE management systems in accordance with relevant Bapetco standards.
- To initiate appropriate contacts and ensure good relations with internal and external stakeholders and others within our area of operations as well as non-governmental organizations and industry associations.
- To promote sharing and implementation of best practices available within the Company and industry.
- To monitor compliance with Company and governmental Safety regulations and to support customers in the development, maintenance, and improvement of the HSE management systems in accordance with relevant Bapetco standards.
- A Bachelor degree in engineering or safety management and minimum of 10 years related experience in an operations or construction environment, preferably in the MENA region.
- Supervisory / leading teams experience preferred.
- Ability to adjust experience and knowledge to the local situation.
- Strong knowledge or industry best practices for production and/or exploration and acceptable Safety standards. Strong focus, commitment and perseverance to deliver sustainable HSE performance improvements.
- Ability to participate in incident investigations and lead investigations involving Work Place Safety Incidents.
- Ability to produce high quality results, while emphasizing and modeling effective leadership behaviors.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Good understanding of operational fundamentals.
- Fluent spoken & written English.
Interested and qualified candidate should apply through the link below: