Construction Health and Safety Officer Dangote Nigeria
The H&S Officer is an integral part of the Project Site HSE structure. He/ She will support the HSE Manager to achieve the HSE vision for the Project; The incumbent will enforce compliance and will have extensive interface with Project operations teams and other internal stakeholders.
- Develop, review and update Project H&S plans and SOPs.
- Monitor changes to H&S legislation and report these to the Project teams.
- Work with the Project in improving H&S targets and relevant leading and lagging H&S KPIs and monitor progress of Project in achieving targets.
- Provide advice to Project management, enhancing awareness of H&S issues likely to have material H&S risk to the Project.
- Assist in identifying training needs and provide relevant training interventions.
- Excellent technical capabilities as well as strong knowledge of Construction H&S.
- Possess a style of clear and effective communication, both oral and written.
- Able to differentiate between negligible H&S issues and issues of possible material impact and escalation triggers.
- Negotiation/dispute mitigation skill as well as good presentation skills.+5 years’ operational experience in Heavy Engineering Construction or Oil & Gas Manufacturing Industry and /or Chemical (preferred)