Civil Engineer Abu Dhabi
Ref No: BBBH29921
Location: Abu Dhabi
- Awareness of Company’s QHSE Policy and Integrated Management System. Be aware of and obey the Company QHSE rules and perform the activities required by relevant procedures on these issues.
- Perform engineering of studies, FEED, basic and detailed design in your discipline.
- Perform data collection for design works and technical bids.
- Participate site visit as required and prepare site visit report.
- Prepare requested deliverables in the designated discipline, incl. reports, calculations, drawings (with designer), data sheets, procedures, specifications and MTO.
- Prepare technical bid evaluation on as needed basis.
- Prepare scope of work for third parties.
- Perform independent detail calculations for RCC & Structural Steel Structures by using .xls sheets & STAAD Pro.
- Coordinate preparation of detail drawings for RCC & Structural Steel Structures with designers.
- Review of design documents & drawings of contractor.
- Prepare Civil specifications and addendums.
- Perform adequacy checks of existing constructions.
- Prepare MTOs.
- Estimate for the civil/structural elements involved as per the SOW.
- Develop schedule for deliverables, resource planning, man-hour budgeting.
- Attend meeting with clients, third parties etc. and prepare minutes of meetings.
- Attend all the company-organised training courses when invited.
- Identify personal development & training plan with Section Head.
- Reporting to Project Manager when assigned to the project.
- Responsible engineer for assigned Project.
- Awareness of scope of work, time schedule and ensure the completion of the scope within the budgeted hours.
- Ensure fulfilment of the scope of work.
- Coordinate and interface between the different groups/disciplines involved.
- Coordinate the preparation, quality control, internal approval, issue and (where applicable) Client approval of engineering documents and drawings related to his tasks.
- Immediate notification to the project manager concerning unusual events, particularly in relation to possible contractual effects e.g. deviation of contractual scope.
- Technical know-how in the relevant discipline
- Communication/ Report writing skills
- Problem solving
- Well versed with Microsoft Office
- Min. 5 years relevant experience
- Academic Education to BS or equivalent level minimum in Engineering from accredited University.
- Postgraduate degree (M.Sc. / Ph.D.) will be an advantage.
- English Mandatory.