Basin HSE Manager Schlumberger United States
The role of the Basin HSE Manager is to provides line management with continuous advice and support to ensure that HSE remains an integral part of the GeoMarket’s business and equal in priority to production and profitability. She/He will be a role model in the application of all HSE policies and standards.
The Basin HSE Manager reports in most cases directly to the GeoMarket Manager and functionally to Area HSE Manager of Product Line/R&EMS HSE Manager.
- To develop Managers’ awareness and ensure Quality and HSE are an integral part of Line Management responsibilities and objectives.
- To develop a competent and motivated HSE organization.
- To assist the GeoMarket Manager, Business Product Line Operation Managers and Support Functions in:
– Reducing accidents year on year towards the ultimate goal of Zero accidents,
– Establishing, maintaining, implementing and improving the HSE Management System and its Product Line subsets,
– Defining GeoMarket HSE objectives aligned with corporate HSE objectives,
– Liaising with GeoMarket clients, contractors, and agencies regarding HSE ,
– Assessing risks,
– Preparing GeoMarket HSE plans required to ensure optimum minimization of the above and compliance to HSE policies, standards and procedures, whether generic or Product Line specific,
– Generating and implementing GeoMarket standards and procedures,
– Defining GeoMarket HSE metrics and maintaining related records,
– Monitoring the perception of Schlumberger services among clients,
– Conducting management review meetings to assess the effectiveness of the HSE Management System and identify required improvements.
– Establishing contracts with main contractors (catering, transport, ect.).
- Ensures all GeoMarket and Product Line specific HSE risks are identified, assessed and that appropriate risk management plans are implemented.
- To ensure adequate HSE training is provided to all personnel, including contractors, to meet the GeoMarket needs and HSE requirements for minimum and job related training and, working through the Product Lines, ensures that personnel receive appropriate process specific training.
- To ensure that all accidents and non-conformances are properly notified, investigated, reviewed and followed up, as per the SLB HSE Standard 2 and to participate in investigations of major failures and accidents.
- To advise Management on corrective action required.
- To advise Management on the compliance of the local HSE programs with all local and national regulations of the host countries in the GeoMarket.
- To develop and maintain a high level of awareness and active personal involvement among all personnel through prevention and reporting of non-conformances.
- To lead HSE audit program and verify compliance with SLB and Product Line HSE standards using appropriate checklists.
- To develop Quality and HSE partnerships with GeoMarket clients, suppliers/contractors and promote Schlumberger HSE leadership within the Industry.
- To actively contribute to the development of Area programs.
- To keep abreast of any new documentation and training material related to HSE and to inform management accordingly.
- To ensure regular updating of personal certifications and attend to personal training as required.
Employees may be assigned other duties, in addition to or in lieu of those described above, and any duties are subject to change at any time, according to the needs of the location or Company.
Qualifications & Experience:
- University Degree
- Minimum 8 years field experience
- Management experience as Operations Manager or equivalent
- Candidates must be able to legally work and reside in the US, without sponsorship.
- Leadership and teamwork
- Listening and interpersonal skills