Assistant Occupational Health Manager/Occupational Health Physician United States
Job Role Summary
ExxonMobil’s Medical and Occupational Health Department is currently seeking a qualified Physician to fill the Assistant Occupational Health Manager/Occupational Health position in Baton Rouge, LA. This position is part of a skilled and highly professional occupational health department and within a company committed to excellence in health and safety. ExxonMobil offers an excellent working environment, competitive salary, and attractive benefits.
The Assistant Occupational Health Manager/Occupational Health Physician typically supports clinic activities at a clinic site or operation.
The ideal candidate will be experienced in internal medicine or family medicine. Occupational medicine experience or board certification in occupational medicine is desirable. Supervisory or management experience in a healthcare setting is a plus. The candidate must be licensed (or eligible to obtain a license) to practice medicine in Louisiana.
Job Role Responsibilities
- Provide clinical services to ExxonMobil employees
- Provide clinical guidance of nursing staff
- Assist with management of clinic operations, including some supervisory roles
- Perform Medical surveillance examinations
- Diagnose and treat work-related medical conditions, including guidance regarding OSHA recordability
- Conducts clinical assessments to determine fitness for work
- Disability Case Management of illnesses and injuries
- Provision of emergency treatment for injury and illness as needed
- Communication and interface with business line management, business line representatives on occupational health issues and services
- Work with Industrial Hygiene to assess and mitigate environmental exposure risks for work sites
- Medical Degree (MD, DO), relevant Master’s degree (i.e. MPH)
- Board certification, or eligibility in Occupational Medicine preferred
- Louisiana Medical Licensure, current active license or eligible for licensure
- Prescriptive authority, DEA certification