Deadline: 14 February, 2020
- The Anaesthetic Technician reporting to the Consultant Anaesthetist is responsible for preparing, calibrating, and cleaning anaesthesia equipment.
- The technician will perform aseptic techniques according to established standards of care and infection control. They are in charge of making sure all equipment is safe to use on patients and free of any unhealthy bacteria.
- The Anesthetic Technician supports other members of the anesthesia care team.
- They may be called upon to transport a patient to the operating room.
- Their primary responsibilities will be in setting-up and preparing equipment and medications per the direction of the Anesthesiologist.
- Maintains the cleanliness and organization of the anaesthesia work stations on a daily basis.
- Maintains, inspects, and replaces as necessary a safe and secure sharps disposal system.
- Maintains supply stock in workrooms and all anaesthesia work stations in rotational status.
- Stocks operating room with all necessary Anaesthesia equipment and supplies.
- Cleans all Anaesthesia equipment in the operating room and POCA after each procedure.
- Cleans anaesthesia machines and assures related equipment is readily available for Anaesthesiology personnel.
- Fills medication for use by patients
- Returns unused medication to appropriate storage
- Assist with the transportation of patients.
- Anaesthetic Technician Diploma
- Certification – Anaesthetic Technician Certificate
- NYSC Certificate or Exemption Letter
- Proficient with Healthcare Management Systems and Microsoft Office Suite
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Highly motivated team player willing to go the extra mile.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application Letter and CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org clearly indicating the “Job Title” as subject of the mail.
HSEWatch is an all-encompassing Health and Safety platform. Always visit HSEWatch for Insightful HSE articles, HSE Jobs, HSE Training opportunities and HSE News.
If you have any question as related to health and Safety, feel free to ask us, we will guide you as much as possible.
You can also advertise your Health and Safety related products and services here on HSEWatch, contact us today on – Ubongeh4life@gmail.com
We are waiting to be of service to you.