HSE Manager PMC Abu Dhabi
Location: Abu Dhabi, UAE
CH2M is hiring a HSE Manager to join the PMC team for a significant onshore field development in Abu Dhabi. The project includes expansion of an onshore crude production field by 143,000 barrels a day (b/d). The project will also include construction of infrastructure facilities of wells, GOSP facilities and gas re-injection facilities.
- To ensure that all actions, works and services undertaken by EPC contractor, are in accordance with the respective Agreement with company.
- To ensure compliance with company’s objectives, requirements, priorities, policies, procedures, standards, rules, regulations and guidelines provided by COMPANY from time to time.
- To ensure that cost effective solutions in engineering design are adopted while maintaining quality, constructability, operability and maintainability.
- To ensure that project is technically sound and optimally designed, engineered to appropriate standards and specifications, meeting required product specification and meeting HSE requirements
- Review and approve the HSE deliverables of the project.
- Monitor the construction activities and make sure that these are executed as per the HSE plan and procedures.
- Develop and execute a personal HSE intervention plan and review the PMT HSE intervention plans. Personal plan to include the activities that support visible HSE leadership such as, safety inspection tours for all areas, identifies potential hazards & recommended solutions, audits, personal interaction and participation in daily toolbox meetings.
- Facilitate the development and execution of the SGD Project HSE Plan and HSE Management System, including but not limited to:
- Direct and support the identification of HSE hazards, evaluation of risks for all activities and develop the tools to manage and reduce these risks.
- Participate in and/or review the various Formal Safety Assessments
- Interface and coordinate information with the Central HSE organization
- Direct activities of HSE staff that may be brought in during construction
- Ensure that the Contractor HSE Process is fully executed through coordination and active participation
- Ensure the HSE roles and responsibilities for each project team position, key contractor and vendor positions are established and communicated
- Ensure that Project HSE programs and procedures are implemented, reviewed and improved as needed.
- Provide HSE functional guidance, auditing, training and participation in meetings for individual contractor and sub-contractor HSE professionals
- Participate in contractor kick-off meetings
- Maintain contact with concerned groups for Emergency Preparedness Plans
- Participate in incident control duties during major accident emergencies or drills.
- Develop and implement an HSE Training Process for project team members
- Ensure the implementation of and participate in the execution of the Project Non-Conformance and Incident Investigation.
- Provide input to the collection of Lessons Learned for the project
- Ensure leading and trailing HSE performance measures are developed, compiled, maintained and reported
- Ensure an HSE Audit Process and Plan is developed and implemented
- Facilitate the annual HSE Excellence Assessment
The minimum qualifications for this position are:
- A bachelor’s degree in safety, health, environmental, technical, scientific, or related engineering field from an accredited university with minimum twenty (20) years of relevant experience in the oil/gas industry.
- Experience on large-scale oil/gas and petrochemical capital projects preferred
- Has clearly demonstrated strong HSE competence
- Ability to work within a diverse cultural environment
- Demonstrated interpersonal/team building skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills