This article “10 Important things you should check in your vehicle before driving out” aims to guide drivers carry out routine checks on their car before driving out every morning.
Routine check on your car can serve you from risk, delays and embarrassment on the road, this is why it is very important.
Without wasting much time – Lets see “10 Important things you should check in your vehicle before driving out”
1. Check your Lighting system: Your lighting system includes your headlights, fog light, break light, gear light, inner light and trafficator light. All these lights serve different purpose on different occasions. Imagine driving without your break light or without your trafficator light, you will definitely lack what to use to signal oncoming traffic of your actions and intending actions.
2. Check your oil: It is quite unfortunate that some drivers move their vehicle out in the morning without gauging their engine oil. This should be taken seriously. Though you may not be able to check your gear oil and break oil during routine morning check if not experienced, it is important we take our vehicles to experts to check for us on regular basis.
3. Check your tyres: Most of us drive our vehicles with expired tyres; some because of ignorance while others do it due to negligence. When you drive with an expired tyre, you automatically increase your risk of getting involved in an accident.
4. Check your fire extinguisher: Having a workable portable fire extinguisher in your car is very important, in case of any eventuality. Having it is not just enough, it should be workable and ready to use; you should also know how to operate it.
5. Spare tyre: Having a spare tyre in your vehicle will serve you time and embarrassment. Also ensure that your spare tyre is in good condition.
6. Get all your necessary documents up to date – This will serve you from any form of embarrassment and waste of time.
7. Ensure that your triangle, wheel spanner, jack, wedges, etc, are intact.
Ensuring that all the above mentioned are in place, you are then ready to drive your vehicle out.
Moreso, there are penalties attached for defaulters in some of these areas, since they are legal requirements.
DO NOT FORGET TO DRIVE DEFENSIVELY – DO HAVE A SAFE TRIP