XTO SHE Coordinator – Construction in Carlsbad (ExxonMobil)
Location: Carlsbad, NM, US
SHE Construction Coordinator supports field operations by:
- Assisting with planning and delivery of site specific safety and health training.
- Investigating incidents that occur in their assigned area and working with contractors to close out lessons learned.
- Supplying XTO handbook, OSHA, and relevant safety, health, and environmental standard interpretations.
- Auditing operational implementation of our life safety actions (Lifting and Rigging, Confined Space Entry, Energy Isolation, Working at Heights, Excavation, etc).
- Developing trust with employees and partnering with contractors/vendors.
- Travelling daily to reach locations (as much as 2.5 hours each way).
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities Required
- Communicate effectively (verbally and in writing) in English
- Ability to verbally communicate in Spanish is required
- Speak with confidence to groups up to 450 people
- Facilitate formal incident investigation process
- Positive attitude and the ability work well with all personality types
- Self-starter who can engage the workforce and assess operations with little direction
- Deliver unfavorable news to supervisors and operations
- Experience with assessing working at heights, crane and rigging, and welding operations
Typical Work Schedule
Monday thru Friday, 7:00 AM – 5:00 PM. On call on nights and weekends, must be able to respond when on call. Expected to attend operational morning meetings in assigned area on a weekly basis that may start as early as 6:30 AM.