Office of Management and Budget in the White House has launched an initiative designed to enhance workplace safety and health. It is believed that this in turn will help reduce injuries among federal employees.
This waas contain in a memo dated Jan. 9 memo from acting Director Russell Vought, the Protecting Employees, Enabling Reemployment Initiative is aimed at getting federal agencies and the U.S. Postal Service to enhance or maintain performance in seven areas:
- Reducing total injury and illness case rates
- Reducing lost-time injury and illness case rates
- Increasing the timely filing rate for workers’ compensation claims
- Increasing the timely filing rate for wage-loss claims
- Increasing the rate of return-to-work outcomes within the first 45 days after an injury for “traumatic injury cases”
- Improving the rate at which employees resume work after “moderate to severe injury or illnesses”
- Implementing and fully using the Department of Labor’s electronic filing system
The goals are grouped into two (2), the first six goals listed are designed to help relieve unnecessary suffering by workers and reduce the financial burden of injury on taxpayers, while the seventh is aimed at standardizing the claims process.
According to Vought, “It will also aid in direct and immediate communication with an injured employee, facilitating prompt treatment and providing critical opioid awareness and pain education.”
OSHA and the Office of Workers’ Compensation Programs are expected to help coordinate the initiative.
Many of these work-related injuries and illnesses are preventable, and executive departments and agencies can and should do more to improve workplace safety and health, improve efficiencies, reduce the financial burden of injury on taxpayers, and relieve unnecessary suffering by workers and their families.
HSEWatch is an all-encompassing Health and Safety platform. Always visit HSEWatch for Insightful HSE articles, HSE Jobs, HSE Training opportunities and HSE News.
If you have any question as related to health and Safety, feel free to ask us, we will guide you as much as possible.
You can also advertise your Health and Safety related products and services here on HSEWatch, contact us today on – Ubongeh4life@gmail.com
We are waiting to be of service to you.