Wells Assist and Assure Coach in Oman
Job Ref: 93359BR
Location: Muscat, Oman
- This position is for a coach in safety leadership and risk management as part of the Shell Wells Assist and Assure (A&A) program.
- Expertise is required to support the development of well-site-based safety leadership and the maintenance and implantation of risk controls related to, personal and process safety, and protecting the environment in Wells operations (drilling and Completion, Well Internvention CWI).
- Support the Wells department in delivering its safety ambition of Goal Zero performance.
- Assist (Audit, Train, Coach, & Mentor) on-site personnel to ensure the Wells Safety & Environment agenda focus areas are implemented and sustained on all sites within Oman. Assess the embedding of the agenda focus areas against the Wells requirements; through well-site assurance activities and line-of-defense audits.
- Work with well-site supervisors to develop systematic and practical action plans to close any gaps; Train, Mentor, Advise and Assist site personnel in the implementation of required action items;
- Advise site managers and superintendents in the day to day safety matters including dissemination and implementation of the safety policies, rules and procedures within the scope of field operations; Assist Site Managers to implement and embed Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) programs on site;
- Early identification of risks and hazards.
- Support contractor engagement through site visits and monthly service provider meetings.
- Share and Develop Learning from Incidents relevant for various upcoming operations.
- Monthly communication to management of site specific A&A initiatives.
- Deliver training as required.
- Improved Regional sharing and communication on HSE matters
- Provide input and suggestions on service contracts to enable improved HSE performance.
- Support contract holders in delivery on Joint Improvement Plans.
- Support site managers in their leadership and communication with contractors and other support departments. Advise and coach site leaders to help ensure clear communication to crews on relevant safety and environment targets and measures of success. Support the Wells leadership, and site leaders specifically, in keeping the crew engaged in a proactive effort to deliver Goal Zero performance.
- Maintain, develop and improve the HSE network for sharing and communicating Wells HSE information
- Actively participate in HSE promotional ideas and initiatives and assist in their coordination.
- Actively participate in the A&A global network,
- Support and drive the Wells HSE programs on all Wells work sites
- Coordinate audit assurance processes on site for Wells team.
- Develop annual personal performance review/management documents including performance contracts, individual development plans (IDPs) and goals and performance appraisals (GPAs
- 5 to 10 years experience in Wells Operational Safety & Environment role (or partially in other Operations Safety & Environment positions).
- Previous experience working in the Middle East.
- Good working knowledge of industry HSE requirements and managing contractor safety.
- Fully conversant with international legislation and related documents issued by HSE(UK) OGP, API, OHSA, ISO and other organizations who are involved in or influence the Oil and Gas industry.
- Experience integrating safety requirements effectively into business processes and execution of standards in the field.
- Ability to understand the workforce within their social environment as well as in the structured workplace by developing interpersonal relationships, creating strong open relationships with good communications within the team.
- Provision of expert advice on operational HSE risk management (PTW, SIMOPS, H2S, Emergency Response, HSE critical activities and tasks, etc.) and development of associated HSE Procedures (if necessary with support of subject matter experts) and Work Instructions.
- Experience in delivering safety training, performing safety audits and supporting incident investigation.
- Trained incident responder and investigator.
- Excellent planning and organizing skills;
- Ability to work remotely and independently;
- Experience in coaching preferred
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates can apply using the link below
HSEWatch is an all-encompassing Health and Safety platform. Always visit HSEWatch for Insightful HSE articles, HSE Jobs, HSE Training opportunities and HSE News.
If you have any question as related to health and Safety, feel free to ask us, we will guide you as much as possible.
You can also advertise your Health and Safety related products and services here on HSEWatch, contact us today on – Ubongeh4life@gmail.com
We are waiting to be of service to you.