Vacation Student – Health, Environment and Safety Australia – Chevron
Location: Perth, Western Australia, AU
Who We Are
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies and is consistently voted one of the top graduate employers in Australia’s Top 75 Graduate Employers survey.
Offering some of the most dynamic career opportunities in the industry, Chevron Australia – headquartered in Perth – leads the Gorgon and Wheatstone natural gas projects, and manages world-class operations and exploration activities.
Chevron offers vacation students the opportunity to gain valuable insight into the culture of the company, and experience the wide range of career opportunities available, whilst gaining invaluable on the job experience.
Health, Environment and Safety (HES) Vacation Employment Program
Chevron Australia is inviting Health and Safety and Environmental Engineering students with a keen interest in the oil and gas industry to apply for a 12-week vacation employment placement within our Perth office.
Opportunities exist to work with experienced HES professionals in activities which support workforce health and safety and the protection of our environment within our operations and the communities where we work.
These roles will see you developing skills that will benefit you as you continue your career and further studies.
Who We Are Looking For
Applicants will be:
- In their penultimate year of a Health and Safety or Environmental Engineering undergraduate, Honours, Masters, or PhD degree
- Performing at a consistently high academic standard
- Excellent communicators with strong strategic and analytical skills and a focus on teamwork
- Committed to Chevron’s values of diversity and inclusion, integrity and trust, high performance, partnership and protecting people and the environment
- Committed to Chevron’s values of trust, partnership and integrity and achieving an incident free environment
- Available for the specified duration of employment from 26 November 2018 until 15 February 2019
- Please note the program is limited to local students currently studying at a Western Australian tertiary institution
- Eligible to legally work and live in Australia permanently
The following requirements are not compulsory but will be highly regarded:
- Work experience in related and non-related areas
- Demonstrated involvement in extracurricular and community/volunteer activities
How to Apply
Applications for Chevron Australia’s vacation employment program are open from Friday 15 June until Sunday 15 July 2018.
We actively encourage applications from Australian Aboriginals, women, mature age applicants, candidates with disabilities and those with diverse cultural backgrounds. To be a part of our success, apply now.