Location: Houston – EP Center Americas, United States
Reference ID: 117666BR
Job Type: Full Time
Vacancy exist for the post of a Upstream Industrial Hygienist in United States with Shell.
- Provide IH technical support and advice to Upstream US Businesses including Onshore Unconventionals, Deepwater Offshore Gulf of Mexico, Deepwater Logistics, and Exploration Onshore and Offshore.
- Support and provide assurance on implementation and maintenance of Shell’s Health Hazard Management policy in the HSSE and SP Control Framework.
- Provide interpretation and support location/business compliance with applicable Industrial Hygiene related regulations, standards, corporate requirements and recognized good practices.
- Participate in the Americas region Industrial Hygiene network, including interface with regional Industrial Hygienists and Shell Health Risk Science Toxicologists where needed.
- Conduct, document, maintain and communicate health risk assessment and exposure assessment projects to ensure hazard controls are managed and effectiveness validated.
- Promote Contractor Health Management by providing guidance, tools and assurance support to Wells business service providers and business contract holders.
- Support Product Stewardship in the Upstream US businesses through chemical hazard reviews and as an Upstream TSCA focal point.
- Develop and implement an annual IH plan for Upstream US assets in alignment with Business and Shell Health goals.
- Manage the Health Risk Assessment (HRA) process for the Business and locations, including scheduling, facilitation, maintaining HRA documentation, and manage business approvals and tracking completion of agreed remedial actions.
- Develop and implement an annual HRA field verification plan to validate hazards and assure effectiveness of HRA controls and recovery measures.
- Conduct HRA quality assurance reviews.
- Develop annual IH exposure assessment plan, sample strategy and oversee monitoring execution.
- Review and assure business health/IH procedures are maintained in accordance with Business document management requirements.
- Deliver IH awareness training and conduct assurance reviews for business stakeholders as needed.
- Provide Product Stewardship guidance and support to chemical selection for Drilling, Hydrofracking, Well completions and Production Operations.
- Supporting different Upstream businesses with unique organizations, differences in processes, and frequently changing stakeholders.
- Interface with multiple geographic locations, disciplines and stakeholders across Onshore and Offshore Production and Wells exploration.
- Good logistics planning is needed when visiting onshore and offshore locations.
- Managing work plans in an environment with a high degree of operational change.
- Must have legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer.
- Mater’s Degree in Industrial Hygiene.
- Minimum of five (5) years of professional experience in the field of Industrial Hygiene. Previous IH experience supporting Upstream Production, Well Servicing and Drilling operations is preferred.
- Professional certification: ABIH Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH).
- Knowledge of US regulations affecting Occupational Health.
- Creativity and capability of building relationships and trust with Business stakeholders to provide timely, fit-for-purpose health risk management solutions.
- Excellent planning and time management skills.
- Proactive mindset and excellent care for people values.
- Willingness to travel up to 30%. Travel to offshore locations will require successful completion of Helicopter Underwater Egress Training (HUET) training and remote fitness to work assessment.
How to Apply:
If your qualification meets the above requirement for this job, you can submit an updated copy of your CV below:
HSEWatch is an all-encompassing Health and Safety platform. Always visit HSEWatch for Insightful HSE articles, HSE Jobs, HSE Training opportunities and HSE news.
If you have any question as related to health and Safety, feel free to ask us, we will guide you as much as possible.
You can also advertise your Health and Safety related products and services here on HSEWatch, contact us today on – Ubongeh4life@gmail.com
We are waiting to be of service to you