UK_QA/QC HSE Engineer Job in Coatbridge
Location: Scotland, Coatbridge
As QA and HSE Engineer, you will utilise your knowledge and professional experience to maintain, implement, improve quality and HSE within Amclyde Norson Engineering.
You will also be responsible for the QA and HSE Engineering support to the Engineering department and acting under the guidance of the Operations Manager/Snr Manager Engineering and the Global Quality group.
You should be keen to take on fresh challenges, develop your technical and interpersonal skills as well as expand your knowledge and experience through a variety of exciting projects.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Must ensure that company policies and procedures are being enforced and adhered to at all times.
- Provide continual evaluation of the group’s processes and methods, to assure the most effective use of resources and equipment.
- Maintain and implement PIMS CAR and PAR requirements.
- Maintain and implement quality procedures and ensure compliance to HSE regulations.
- Carry out supplier inspection visits and maintain suppliers register. Will require international and domestic travel
- Continually monitor and control inspection operations to insure compliance with applicable quality control documents.
- Assure accurate records such as traceability, process control, functional test, demonstrations, etc., are maintained.
- Assure test function is performed in a manner consistent with applicable requirements and quality procedures.
- Maintain and enforce quality standards.
- Perform internal and (new) supplier audits or assessments
- Perform other work-related tasks as assigned.
- Maintain Goods inward/outwards control in conjunction with Purchasing when required.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Proven working experience as a Quality / HSE Engineer
- Good working knowledge of ISO 9001-2008 and ISO 9001-2015
- Excellent MS Office skills including Word, Excel and Project.
- Ability to work with multiple discipline projects (mechanical, structural, hydraulic, electrical and controls engineering)
- Familiarity with rules, regulations, best practices and performance standards for offshore equipment would be desirable.
- Decision making ability and leadership skills
- Time management and organization skills
- Able to understand, evaluate and apply technical information
- Capable of keeping abreast of an evolving portfolio of products and services
- Adept at exercising good judgement (sometimes with incomplete information) whilst being constrained by tight deadlines
- Be willing to provide colleagues with the information they need to complete their tasks and eliminate roadblocks
- Be quick to identify critical information and respond appropriately
- Can orchestrate multiple activities and resources to accomplish a goal
- Is able to divide overall work into components and determine what needs to be delegated
- Able to take personal responsibility in challenging situations and be willing to engage in disputes in order to settle them equitably
- Capable of pushing self and others to produce results
- Confident and professional when representing the company in person and in writing
- Aspiring and keen to advance within the organisation
Personal and Interpersonal
- Imbued with a strong sense of customer focus (internal/external)
- A candid team player who collaborates with peers to solve problems
- Capable of motivating and empowering team members
- Firm and diplomatic when negotiating
- Committed to self-improvement and development through the role in order to achieve career goals
|Skills, training or special knowledge||