TS HSSE Advisor Job in Malaysia – Shell
Job Ref: 100383BR
Country of Work Location: Malaysia
City, State (if applicable): Kuala Lumpur
Work Location: Kuala Lumpur – Menara Shell
General Position Description
- The Shell Downstream supply chain operated by Trading and Supply is one of the largest in the world and we operate some 150 distribution facilities, more than 1600 storage tanks and obtain products from about 500 outside supply points globally. Our global fleet of 3000 Shell owned or contracted trucks travels around 1.1 million kilometers every day and we move products through Europe, the US, Asia and other parts of the world.
- This role sits in the T&S HSSE organization and offers broad operational exposure in Depot operations, Road Transport, Maritime activities, and Supply Operations. This role also interfaces with T&S Products Team within the country. Key areas of focus for the role will be in behavioral safety, process and personal safety.
- Provide functional HSSE support to T&S Malaysia to implement HSSE procedures/standards, drive overall improvement in HSSE performance and provide independent assurance to ensure compliance of Group HSSE standards and applicable HSSE regulatory requirements.
- Supports the Regional HSSE Manager – T&S East and T&S Senior HSSE Advisor in regional/cluster HSSE activities with the other HSSE advisors in the region/cluster.
- Assist within T&S East as Focal Point for certain regional initiatives.
- Provide HSSE field support to local operations to ensure HSSE compliance of applicable HSSE-SP Control Framework requirements, Group/DS standards, and HSSE regulatory requirements.
- Assist the operations to develop HSSE plans and procedures aligned with overall T&S & Group HSSE strategy (Goal Zero).
- Implement and/or support overall T&S & Group HSSE initiatives, ensure buy-in and alignment between HSSE functional group and T&S businesses.
Experience & Qualification Required:
- BS in major engineering or environmental discipline.
- Prior Supply and/or Distribution Operations experience and/or HSSE function experience would be beneficial.
- The ability to lead and influence internal and external stakeholders to achieve improved HSSE performance.
- Strong track record in leading and delivering through influence.
- Terminal experience, leadership, ability to liaise with multiple stakeholders, compliance, tech/process safety background
Key Competencies Required
- Demonstrated evidence of Enterprise first values and behaviors will be taken into account during the selection process.
- Carry out HSSE & SP Risk Management – Skill
- Plan and Prepare for Emergency Response – Skill
- Manage Personal Safety Risks – Skill
- Integrate HSSE & SP in Planning and Procedures – Skill
- Investigate and Learn from HSSE & SP Incidents – Skill
- Application of Safety HEMP Tools – Knowledge
- Safety Behavior & HSSE Culture – Knowledge
- Lead, Prepare & Apply HSSE Risk Management – Knowledge
- Process / Technical Safety Engineering – Knowledge
- Monitor and Report HSSE & SP Performance – Skill
- HSSE Assurance – Knowledge
- Manage Environmental Risks and Aspects – Knowledge
- Manage Transport Safety Risks – Knowledge
- Motivates, Coaches, and Develops – Skill
- Delivers Results Through Others – Skill