Technical Service Engineer Shell Petroleum Singapore
Job Ref.: 58077BR
About the Company
Shell is one the largest foreign investors in Singapore and began operations in 1891. Today, we have more than 3,200 employees in Singapore alone. The Pulau Bukom Manufacturing Site today is the largest Shell refinery in the world in terms of crude distillation capacity, which makes Singapore a key regional supply and trading centre for Shell in the East. Singapore is the largest petrochemical production and export centre in the Asia Pacific region. Shell Jurong Island (SJI) manufactures petrochemicals to meet the fast-growing demand for these products in the region. We also have one of the largest single-branded retail networks in Singapore, providing customers with a wide range of quality products and services. When you join Shell in Singapore, you can count on our commitment to help you thrive and propel your career by means of our industry-leading development programme and our available and unrivalled pool of local and global experts. Our numerous global and local skill pools as well as our diversity are key to our success and continuing innovation.
This role exists to principally:
1. Service CRI and zeolitic catalyst sales by providing high quality technical service to customers using CRI/Zeolyst Catalysts
2. Support existing product line sales and lead new business development activities for hydrogenation and zeolitic application area, in target markets, by using technical & commercial expertise, to help meet business growth targets.
3. Provide input for planning for longer terms sales and growth by giving quality technical direction, input and market feedback to Catalyst R&D programs to maintain incumbency and be well positioned for winning new business.
The successful incumbent will possess the following:
– Bachelors degree (or higher) in Chemical Engineering or Chemistry with 5+ years experience in petrochemical technology support
– Experience in Hydrogenation/ Reforming/Hydrocracking/Paraxylene processing is preferred, but general background in Cracker, Aromatics and other zeolitic catalytic processes will also be considered
– Knowledge of Applied Catalysis or Operation of Catalytic Reactor would be advantageous
– Knowledge of zeolitic catalysis particularly in the area of Aromatic applications
– Ability/experience to cooperate with Shell Global Solutions, the Shell Group as a whole and outside parties (clients, Engineering contractors, etc.) is a plus
– Strong technical skills and the ability to perform in-depth problem solving
– Proficient in use of spreadsheets and computer models
– Ability to work independently, balance priorities and take ownership for assigned work.
– Strong organizational skills to multi-task and manage several projects at the same time
– Be an effective team player
– Possess strong negotiation experience with a commercial mindset
– Work safely and in compliance with Shell’s Life Saving Rules