Technical Safety Engineer Job in Texas
Requisition ID: 2019-38414
Position Type: Staff / Permanent
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for a Technical Safety Engineer with workshop facilitation experience. This is for the Houston, TX Office.
Authorization to work permanently in the U.S. without sponsorship required.
Uses expert technical knowledge in the execution of engineering assignments to identify innovative solutions to complex problems and complete any project tasks with little to no guidance and direction. May serve as the Lead Technical Safety Engineer or the project Technical Safety Technical Authority on medium to large projects, with experience addressing process safety, fire protection and human factors scope.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Demonstrates initiative
- Strong work ethic, positive attitude, dependable
- Accountable for results, adaptive and flexible to meet changing needs of projects
- Team player that works well with supervisors, subordinates, peers and clients
Skills / Qualifications
Successful candidate to possess:
- Ability to use Technical Safety software pertinent to Process Safety Consequence Analysis (e.g. KFX, FLACS, FDS, PHAST) and workshop facilitation (e.g. PHA Pro)
- 20+ years of Technical Safety experience
- Education is M.S. or greater in Chemical, Environmental, Industrial (Human Factors Engineering), Structural, or Fire Protection Engineering (preferred)