Technical and Process Safety Advisor Job in UK
Reference ID: 103404BR
Country of Work Location: United Kingdom
City, State (if applicable): London
Work Location: London – Strand
Skillpool: Technical Safety Engineering
Job Expires: 12-Apr-2019
The purpose of this role is to plan, execute and deliver process and technical safety in Shell as part of team responsibility for managing process safety risks in the delivery of maritime projects.
Ensure that the technical safety remains robust within projects and act as trusted advisor to Project Managers.
Lead, develop and mature technical safety standards and processes in the maritime industry and within Shell maritime projects.
Actively promote Shell Shipping and Maritime Technology & Innovation within the wider Shell Group.
- To lead Process Safety Management and improvement initiatives (eg. incident investigation & learning from incidnets process).
- Provide fit for purpose and risk based technical HSE requirements relating to asset design over the lifecycle of a project
- To provide relevant technical HSE expertise in project and operational issues contributing to, or producing the project work scope from client’s specification.
- To lead risk assessment such as Hazard Identification (HAZID), Hazards & Operability (HAZOP), Risk & Opportunity (TECOP), Layer of Protection Analysis (LOPA) and support the development of ALARP demonstration, Bow Tie, EERA , ESSA, Physical Effects Modelling Quantitative Risk Assessment (QRA) and of HSE Case (as required) .
- The position requires a sound technical and operational knowledge of technical safety engineering practice in the Oil and Gas industry.
- To apply leadership skills in mentoring less experienced engineers, strong partnership with other departments within Shell Shipping and Maritime
- Play an active role in assessing the technical safety risk of new/innovative maritime technologies and maintain a contemporary knowledge base.
- To positively contribute to shareholder value, by providing practical and innovative solutions to ensure the success of conceptual projects.
- Demonstrate judgement by referring to experts in areas where not qualified.
- Demonstrate courage in challenging where required to ensure best practice Technical safety is implemented
- Good understanding of the application of standards to ensure fit for purpose solutions are made.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in the Technical Safety Engineering field with demonstrated technical safety experience in the Oil and Gas industry.
- Good experience of technical safety risk assessment tools such as HAZID, HAZOP, QRA, Bow Tie Assessment, Physical Effects Modelling and ALARP demonstrations).
- Practical experience of incident investigation and learning.
- Demonstrable ability to positively influence projects and/or operations using innovative and fit for purpose solutions to enhance the efficiency and safety by application of appropriate standards and/or guidelines.
- Professional with ability to work with minimal supervision demonstrating management and negotiating skills.
- A team player with the necessary communication (oral and written) skills to interface with other disciplines and the ability to produce written reports of a high quality in the English language.