Sr. HSE Advisor Job in Canada West
Primary Location: CAN-AB-Calgary
Other Locations: CAN-AB-Edmonton
Job: Quality Assurance
Unposting Date: Nov 6, 2019
To provide local subject matter expertise and hands on support to deliver successful assurance outcomes on projects and foster a positive assurance culture in the performance units.
Build and sustain assurance capability and capacity tailored to business needs.
- Liaise with office and project management as the assurance focal point for all aspects of project delivery.
- Manage resource allocation to ensure that the projects are assigned Assurance staff to match the scope of work. Balance workload for Assurance staff and align with ‘Our People’ requirements.
- Provide support for the successful set up and mobilisation of projects. Escalate to the Project Manager and Assurance Director any emerging risks associated with the achievement of project contractual requirements or HSE vision.
- For small projects with field work, assume the role of project assurance coordinator and act to ensure the health and safety of personnel. Ensure that project specific safety rules and requirements are identified and effectively managed.
- Provide advice and support including conducting risk and assurance assessments and investigations.
- Conduct regular HSE conversations, assurance leadership interactions, assurance talks, training sessions, implementation of assurance measures, promotion of safe work practices and ensuring interest and awareness of assurance is maintained at all levels.
- Collate end of project data to validate and improve assurance benchmarking for estimates.
Customer Advocacy and Proposal Support
- Engage with local customers to ensure that customer assurance expectations and requirements are met.
- Build relationships with customer counterparts, customer operational and project personnel.
- Collaborate with BD team and Project Management to ensure that Assurance budget and scope are aligned with the expectations.
- Maintain strong relationships with business development, support pursuit risk management and assurance efforts, assist with development of proposals, and work to ensure estimates include adequate assurance allocation. Assist with customer pitches when required.
Risk and Insight
- Monitor the effectiveness of risk management activities within projects and offices, particularly for any significant changes and provide advice and support.
- Facilitate functional and project risk and lessons learned workshops, reviews and discussions as needed and assist with development and achievement of risk mitigation plans.
- Communicate relevant and timely assurance information to the right stakeholders. Contribute to continual improvement and achievement of stated performance objectives by raising awareness of trends, risks and emerging themes.
- Build, maintain and develop a team of high-performing HSE, Quality and Risk professionals
- Provide on-going coaching and mentoring to the team, encouraging professional growth.
- In conjunction with the appropriate management, assist in the recruitment and allocate assurance resources to ensure that the business and projects are adequately resourced.
- Support the implementation of new company systems and processes.
- Provide assurance support to local offices, including remote offices. Be proactive in seeking out and elevating any areas of exposure for both the business and for individuals. Participate in operational meetings, including Monthly Project Reviews and Office Committees.
- Support office and project R3 planning, preparation, drills and other activities as appropriate. Assist with office and project emergency management as needed.
- Establish and maintain local medical provider relations, medical referral assistance, arrangement of medicals for site induction requirements, ergonomic assessments, drug and alcohol testing and flu shots etc. Provide services for return to work, line manager coaching, workers compensation, salary continuance and fitness for work.
- Ensure vehicle and driver programs, including journey management, are effective.
- Assist facilities management where needed with office facility HSE requirements.
- Shared responsibility with management.
- Support the regional assurance plan by conducting assigned assessments. Facilitate effective implementation of non-conformance, corrective action, and preventive action management processes.
- Assist projects and offices to understand assurance requirements. Provide requested data and information to the Assurance Analyst.
- Role model and promote corporate responsibility and diversity and inclusion across projects and offices.
- Assist offices to maintain quality management systems fit for ISO 9001 certification, and if needed for safety and environment certifications.
- Assist to identify training and induction needs and deliver training on assurance systems and associated business processes as required.
- Steward improved uptake of assurance systems by leadership, operations and delivery.
- Shared responsibility with management. Ultimate responsibility to conduct assigned assessments and coordinate local assurance activities in line with the regional plan.
Networks and Knowledge
- Collaborate to share and apply best practice, lessons learnt and improve knowledge management. Contribute to the success of relevant internal networks and participate in contractor forums and industry groups as needed.
- Cascade information appropriately to/from Senior Management from/to the Assurance group.
- Collect and distribute best practices and tools from across the Location out to the Assurance group and projects
- Ultimate responsibility to contribute and collaborate within assurance network
- Stay abreast of emerging assurance issues and legislation. Keep the business updated with relevant requirements, and assist with compliance to assurance legislation, and where applicable customer assurance requirements.
- Actively promote a people-based approach and support the implementation of new company systems and processes.
- Shared responsibility with management.
- Decisions directly impact assurance outcomes on projects and assist pursuit efforts.
Formal Delegation of Authority
- Broad permission to act and make decisions within the budgetary guidelines as determined by the Assurance Manager
- Authority is also given to cease unsafe work
Leadership Teams / Committees
- Position part of office management
- Health, safety, and environmental performance.
- Exhibit leadership and commitment to meet the Worley HSE vision.
- Advanced user in MS Office applications.
- Knowledge of MS SharePoint 2013 and systems (assurance systems).
People Leadership Skills
- Demonstrable experience in a people management role.
- Deliver quality services and demonstrate a commitment to understand and meet customer needs.
- Proactive and able to negotiate successful outcomes that achieve the required objectives and have the support and acceptance of all parties.
- Ability to apply analytical skills, intelligence and knowledge to problem solving or meet deadlines, and able to ask for assistance if required.
- Effectively manages change to work tasks and the work environment and assists others with adapting to change.
- Act in the best interests of Worley at all times.
What you will bring
Technical and Industry Experience:
• 15+ years of industry relevant experience including at least 5+ years of either HSE, quality or risk experience
• Strong demonstrable knowledge of at least one area of risk, quality and HSE business and project processes and field practices with working knowledge of other areas.
• Experience with project delivery procedures and processes.
• Understanding of commercial and strategic business drivers.
• Stakeholder management and leadership skills.
• Good presentation, training and communication skills to both internal and external stakeholders.
• Experience in workshop facilitation, problem solving and conflict resolution.
• Strong time management skills including ability to meet deadlines and manage priorities.
• Effective written and verbal communication skills in English.
• Ability to maintain confidential information.
• Travel as required, including travel related to projects and to support other Worley offices.
Education – Qualifications, Accreditation, Training:
• A recognised degree and relevant accredited qualification/experience.
• Training accreditation preferred.
How to Apply
Apply online if your qualification meets the requirement.
HSEWatch is an all-encompassing Health and Safety platform. Always visit HSEWatch for Insightful HSE articles, HSE Jobs, HSE Training opportunities and HSE news.
If you have any question as related to health and Safety, feel free to ask us, we will guide you as much as possible.
You can also advertise your Health and Safety related products and services here on HSEWatch, contact us today on – Ubongeh4life@gmail.com
We are waiting to be of service to you