LOCATION: Berlin, DE, 10245
COMPANY: BASF Services Europe GmbH
JOB FIELD: Environment, Health & Safety
JOB CONDITIONS: Permanent
JOB ID: EN59518486_ONLE_1
At Transportation Safety Services we ensure BASF’s compliance with all applicable regulations concerning the transportation, storage and distribution of dangerous goods in Europe.
- In this role, you advise and consult all BASF Group companies concerning dangerous goods legislation and BASF Requirements for transportation safety.
- You act as a Dangerous Goods Safety Advisor (DGSA) for BASF Group companies in the EMEA region and provide on-demand transportation and distribution safety (TDS) services.
- Moreover, you prepare professional training material and execute dangerous goods as well as transportation safety related trainings.
- You are responsible for the transportation safety reviews and monitor the transportation safety performance.
- In addition, you investigate transport accidents and incidents, determine the root causes, initiate corrective measures and prepare risk assessments for specific transport scenarios.
- Bachelors or master’s degree preferably in chemical engineering or logistics and at least 2 years of professional experience in chemical industry or chemistry logistics preferably in combination with EHSQ
- knowledge of logistics, supply chain processes, international laws, guidelines and industrial standards concerning the transport of dangerous goods
- certificates for the transport of dangerous goods (e.g. ADR/RID, IMDG-Code) and willingness to obtain the required certificates and to participate in internal trainings
- experienced handling of IT standard applications, especially with SAP
- excellent German and English language skills, preferably a third european language
- willingness to travel
- 30 days of paid vacation, special leave and sabbatical options.
- Flexible working hours so that you can organize your working and private life according to your needs.
- Team and company events in which we celebrate our achievements and live up our team spirit.
- Location-independent work models with defined days of presence in Berlin and place of residence in Germany.