Company’s Non-Volatile Memory Solutions Group (NSG) is looking for an enthusiastic Firmware Engineer to work on our exciting Solid State Drives (SSD) projects.
In this role your responsibilities will include:
• Develop and test SSD Firmware
• Participate in design reviews and code reviews
• Collaborate with other teams such as FPGA, hardware and validation teams
The ideal candidate should exhibit the following behavioral traits:
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Good analytical, integration, support, and debugging skills
• Proactive approach to work and communication.
– Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering
– 3+ years of related experience as a firmware or embedded software developer
– Strong C programming skills
– Understanding of RTOS concepts including: task switching, deadlocks, interrupts and resource management.
– CPU knowledge including: L1/L2 caching, MMUs and exceptions
– Experience with firmware development environments including compilers, debuggers, and emulators
– Strong English communication skills
Highly Desired Skills:
– Experience developing a Hardware Abstraction Layer (HAL)
– Experience with ARM (32 bit) processors
– Knowledge of design and implementation of multitasking, event driven firmware using C
– C++, assembly language, or Python
– Experience in storage protocols (SATA, SAS, or PCIe)
– Knowledge of Agile development methodologies