Site Safety & Health Officer Job in Nevada
The ideal candidate for this role will be interested in a project-based opportunity at Nellis AFB. Per diem will not be provided.
Key Role Responsibilities – Core
- Coordinates and implements the field safety program, full time & onsite, for a design-build healthcare project at Nellis AFB available to begin Summer 2019.
- Conducts regular walk-through inspections to ensure compliance with laws and Company policies.
- Conducts safety audits on assigned project by identifying, documenting and recommending abatement of hazardous/potentially hazardous conditions to internal and external clients.Utilizes internal safety management systems to document findings and to track abatement techniques and closure.
- Conducts project-specific new hire orientation and oversees drug and alcohol policy compliance.
- Monitors the implementation of prime contractor and/or subcontractors’ safety programs.
- Attends project pre-planning, progress and other relevant project-related meetings to discuss safety-related matters.
- Supports field leadership in the implementation of the safety program specifics, such as meetings, committees and related activities well as chairing the project safety committee.
- Assists in the investigation of project-related accidents. Confers with supervisor to determine root cause and discuss recommendations for changes in the work processes to eliminate recurrence.
- Coordinates with injured employees and clinics to ensure that the worker attends treatment and is returned to work at some capacity in a timely manner. Compiles progress summary reports of injuries for supervisor.
- Monitors site safety incentive program.
Key Role Responsibilities – Additional Core
In addition, this position will be responsible for the following:
- Possesses a higher level of safety knowledge and identifies more complex safety hazards that encompass safety, health and hazardous material matters. Provides more complex abatements solutions.
- Utilizes a higher level of knowledge of equipment, laws and work processes, and applies that knowledge to project-specific safety recommendations.
- Contributes a higher level of communication skills and plays a more active role in meetings.
- Utilizes internal safety management systems and tools to perform trend analysis that identifies safety trends, including problem areas within the project or subcontractors, and provides recommended solutions to mitigate future occurrences.
- Provides guidance and training on basic and some intermediate safety-related topics for new or existing safety and project team personnel.
- Assists safety leadership during insurance audits.
- Oversees more complex projects, including one large or complex project and/or multiple projects.
- Manages controlled insurance program projects.
- Collaborates and communicates with a wide variety of internal and external clients.
- Mentors lower level safety personnel and interns.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to perform work accurately and completely, and in a timely manner.
- Communications skills, verbal and written (Advanced).
- Proficiency in MS Office and Government software.
- Knowledge of and ability to enforce all federal, state, local and company safety regulations.
- Proficiency in company safety software/programs, processes and tools (Advanced).
- Ability to recognize hazardous situations and implement corrective measures.
- Ability to build relationships with team members that transcend a project.
- Knowledge of various testing protocols for environmental hazards.
- Proficiency in required construction technology (Intermediate).
- Ability to build relationships and collaborate within a team, internally and externally.
- Proficiency and Knowledge of USACE EM 385 Safety Manual
- Must be able to secure military base access.
- Bachelor’s degree in a safety and health-related field (Preferred).
- In lieu of the above requirements, equivalent relevant experience will be considered.
- 5+ years construction safety experience (Required).
- OSHA 30 Certification (Required).
- Current First Aid, CPR, and AED certification