Site HSE Advisor
Employer: Essentra Packaging Ireland Ltd
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Position Summary: A H&S Graduate who can identify underlying core issues/risks and engage at all site levels. You will be a graduate with some experience in a H&S role with have overall accountability for developing the site safety plan and the continuous updating and monitoring of same.
The Site HSE Advisor will work with site management, teams and individuals in order to progress safe working practices and to develop risk assessments and safe systems of work.
- Support HSE site programmes through the development and delivery of methods and standards for the quantified assessment of risks; covering site activities, work equipment and hazardous substances.
- Maintain HSE compliance calendars, and ensure required activities occur to maintain overall HSE compliance
- Participate in the investigation of employee concerns, HSE Incidents, and Employee Observations/Near Misses, along with proactively developing corrective actions with site management and implementing these actions in a timely manner to avoid repetition.
- Maintain and monitor effectiveness of HSE inspections on site.
- Ensure HSE site reviews are integrated into the Management of Change process
- Provide HSE support to Site Management and act as key point of contact.
- Provision of Health & Safety advice to all site employees thus ensuring the successful implementation of current plans and the development of a safety conscious culture on site.
- To ensure legal requirements are identified and understood at a local level.
- Contribute to the Site Management review meetings, attend and proactively input to the site safety meetings.
- Provide support for the evaluation of training needs and the delivery of training e.g. Manual Handling, Safe Systems of Work, Fork-Truck Driving refresher.
- Promote the use of the company HSE Management systems.
- Ensure the site maintains an effective working relationship with enforcement agencies, the local community and other interested stakeholders, taking any opportunity to enhance these working relationships.
- Provide effective communication of issues to your direct/indirect manager(s).
- Pursue Continual Professional Development in line with departmental performance objectives and act as a HSE Advisor to Site Management.
- On-going assessment of risk improvement activities
- Assessment of Cultural/ behavioural change at site, measured by the Group HSE audit programmes.
Direct Manager: Site Manager
2nd Level Manager: HSE Manager – Ireland
Required Experience and Training
- Some experience of working in health and safety post graduation.