SHE Officer Ansaldo Thomassen BV Netherlands
Company: Ansaldo Thomassen BV
Location: Arnhem, Gelderland Province, Netherlands
(Please note that we are only recruiting candidates currently working and living in the Netherlands)
- Objective of the position
Ensure effective support to the management of the Company in regards to maintaining and creating a safe, healthy and environmental friendly working environment in line with company policy in compliance with the ATH HSE system, Parent company compliance.
- Provides support in the definition of the Safety, Health and Environmental policies, coordinating all activities of analysis, audit and consultancy; all above in accordance with the Company Quality System and the (inter)national rules and law.
- Maintain, optimize, and above all execute safety- & environment procedures.
- Coordinate on the specific objectives with the Parent Company and the Controlled Company(ies)
- Be aware, follow up on developments in relation to Safety and ensure that the organization is constantly in line with legal regulations as mentioned in guidelines and permits, as well in regards to health and environment
- Support the commercial and project department in the realization of (functional) safety plans for customer projects.
- Is responsible for and has the power to stop, in consultation and coordination with the CEO of ATH, any operation or process in the event of discrepancies or violations against the company HSE policies and / or HSE legislation as well as giving advice and putting in place actions to overcome the discrepancy and / or violations.
- Promote information & training initiatives, in cooperation with the Human Resources Department to increase a proper Safety, Health and Environmental awareness and culture within the Company.
- Insure that all associates and operations are complying with applicable facility rules & regulations and related company policies & procedures.
- Assure that the Companies HSE KPi’s and Risk inventory & Evaluation report and actions are always up to date
- Conduct internal audits on Safety and Environment
- Take care of alerts on unsafe situations and accidents.
- Track and maintain HSE training records to ensure all employees are continuously in compliance.
- Implement and maintain the EHS Management System in accordance with the requirements of SSC, OSHA, ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001 and other regulatory agencies and ensure compliance using appropriate change methodologies.
- Assist the departments in the assessment of safety issues, coordinating the root cause analysis and the identification and implementation of containment and corrective actions
- Keeps in contact with external Health Organization
- Assist the departments in the preparation of the documentation for the safety in the working site, supporting the personnel delegated on site as responsible of Safety
- Periodically control and monitor the prompt application of the safety procedures in the Repair Shop and at the working sites.
- Responsible for the risk-inventory and –evaluation
- Act and has responsibility as Prevention Worker according Dutch Legislation
- Act as HSE site manager for customer projects
- Bachelor degree in an EHS related field
- Certified in “Veiligheidskunde”
Knowledge of and certified in SSC** VOL and (inter-)national safety standards systems
At least 5 years of relevant experience (depending on basic educational background) with the required level and similar position.
International project experience on safety related matters
Experienced in change management in creating and implementing a safty culture/mindset within an organization.
Excellent proficiency in Dutch and English language, verbal and writing
Experience with conducting audits within a technical environment
Pro-active and taking initiative
Excellent communication skills (verbal and writing)
Ability to lead change
Demonstrate adaptability (Handles day-to-day work challenges confidently; is willing and able to adjust to multiple demands, shifting priorities, ambiguity, and rapid change; shows resilience in the face of constraints, frustrations, or adversity; demonstrates flexibility.)
Excellent presentation skills
Good analytical skills
Position within the organization
HSE is part of the QHSE department and the HSE Officer reports to the QHSE & BI manager.