SHE Advisor Kier Ltd Hampshire
Company: Kier Ltd
Job Reference: 180739
Job ID: 207622378
Kier Workplace Services provides specialist teams and technology solutions to help plan, manage and improve our clients’ workplaces. This provides our clients with access to solutions not readily available in their own organisations. It also enables our clients to focus on their core business, while Kier takes care of the rest.
Our key clients include the Royal Opera House, Royal Shakespeare Company, Legal and General, Kent County Council, Oldham Council, BAE and the London Borough of Southwark. We also work with a number of schools and academies, the Welsh Government and hold a major contract with the NHS in Yorkshire and Humber.
We are looking to recruit a SHE Advisor to work in the SHE team; reporting to the Head of SHE.
The successful will provide detailed Health and Safety advice, support and guidance to the business stream, ensuring all relevant policies/procedures are up to date and current.
This role will be predominantly based in the South of England and the Midlands; however national travel may be required.
* Drive to deliver continual SHE improvements across the Business Unit.
* Ensure Kier’s SHE procedures are implemented to allow all relevant legislation to be complied with.
* Provide support and advice on SHE issues to operational and support teams.
* Ensure all accidents, incidents and near misses are correctly reported and support is provided to investigations in accordance with Kier SHE policies and procedures.
* Ensure that all SHE reporting requirements are provided accurately and in a timely manner.
* Conduct site/project/contract visits and produce action plans for operations management to address.
* Work closely with and support the operational teams in carrying out their roles and responsibilities for SHE and implementing the Kier Safety, Health and Environmental Management System (SHEMS).
* Provide support to mobilisation team for all ‘SHE’ items identified trackers. Attend mobilisation conference calls as required and maintain SHE element of mobilisation tracker.
* Advise and assist teams in drawing up risk assessments, safe systems of work and evaluating method statements.
* Carry out and record SHE audits and inspections.
* Assist the line management in the compiling of accident reports and identifying recommendations to prevent a reoccurrence.
* Update senior management on significant SHE issues immediately following any incidents (actual or potential) or enforcing authority involvement.
* Assist in developing toolbox talks and briefings on key issues.
* Deliver SHE training courses and briefings where the need arises.
Key Skills and Qualifications
* NEBOSH diploma in Occupational Health and Safety or equivalent.
* Working knowledge of ISO 14001 and BS OHSAS 18001 Standards.
* Ability to work on own initiative
* Experience in similar role
* Working knowledge of SHE legislation
* Good oral and written communicator
* Ability to work as part of a team and to positively influence others.
* Ability to work on own initiative, deliver key objectives while working under pressure and coping with stressful situations.