Senior technical safety engineer Australia
Job Title: Senior technical safety engineer
Company: AS EAAA – OS EA Australia East
Location: Melbourne VIC AU 3000
Job reference: IRC143760
Brief job description
|We are currently sourcing for a Senior Technical Safety Engineer to join our busy team in Melbourne.
As a Senior Technical Safety Engineer you will draw on your excellent communication skills to engage and influence clients and design teams. This role will initially commence on a 12 month contract, with a view for extension.
At this time, we will only consider applications from Australian citizens or those with the required permit/VISA for this region, in place.
- Ability to perform QRA for new and existing offshore and onshore Oil & Gas facilities;
- Performing Consequence Modelling using PHAST software;
- FSA Studies development including FERA, NFHA, EERA, ESSA, TRIA, DORA;
- Onshore and Offshore Safety Case development;
- Providing technical input on industry best practices in relation to ALARP requirements,loss prevention codes and standards;
- Ability to engage in various risk Workshops/Reviews eg HAZID, HAZOP, Constructability Reviews and incorporate Review findings into design requirements and Safety Case.
- An Engineering degree, previous experience within the oil and gas industry (extensive Technical Safety engineering experience);
- A thorough understanding of Onshore and Offshore Australian Safety Case regulations.
- Experience in operating DNV PHAST software;
- Ability to provide inputs into various Risk Reviews;
- Excellent communication skills when working with cross functional teams to provide technical safety related input on projects.
The Company embraces diversity in our workforce, ensuring we have a workforce that provides us with a wide range of skills, ideas and energy. Embracing diversity means the Company will acknowledge, understand and appreciate the differences between individuals in developing a workplace that develops, benefits and enhances their value.
Selection for employment, promotion or any other benefit will be made on the basis of merit, ability and suitability.
How To Apply
Please quote job reference IRC143760 in all correspondence relating to this position.
Tobe considered, please follow the prompts within the system – applications via email will not be considered.
If you do not meet the requirements for this position as specified at screening stage, you will receive a notification via email. We would like to thank you for your application and interest in Wood.
Health and Safety Supervisor Houston, US