Senior Technical Safety Engineer Aker Solutions Norway
- Location: Stavanger, Norway
- Apply by: January 25, 2018
- Position type: Contract (Office)
- Job category: Technical/Engineering
- Job ID #: 26267
Aker Solutions Technical Safety department based in Stavanger consists of over 20 highly qualified Technical Safety Engineers. The engineers are involved in a wide variety of projects ranging from smaller Front End Studies to Major Modification Projects and various Specialist Services.
We now have an opening for several positions as Senior Technical Safety Engineer in Aker Solutions Stavanger.
Responsibilities and Tasks:
The candidate qualifications should cover one or several of the following topics:
• Development of or update of philosophies, design basis safety strategies etc.
• System design of firewater and AFFF-, water mist-, passive fire protection-, escape and evacuation- and fire & gas detection systems
• Assessment of risk level for different solutions including associated qualitative/ quantitative analysis
• SIL analysis
• Initiate required technical safety reviews/-verifications
• Be responsible for Safety design reviews such as HAZID, Safety assessments, ALARP assessments etc.
• Establish Safety drawings such as Escape route drawings, Hazardous area drawings, F&G detection drawings, Fire Protection Data Sheets, Active- and Passive fire protection
• Ensure that relevant regulations and standards are known, understood, and followed in the project
• Ensure that work within discipline activities is performed in accordance with the project execution model for the assigned project.
• Cooperation and coordination with other disciplines, clients, manufacturers, sites, etc.
• Be involved in the development of Safety & Environment department’s expertise
Qualifications and Personal Qualities:
• Higher technical education
• Minimum 5 years relevant experience
• Knowledge of relevant legislation and standards
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Ability to take initiative and to ble flexible
• Fluent in Norwegian and English – verbally and orally
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- Good work/life balance
- Positive work environment with challenging tasks
- Development opportunities