Senior Safety Case Engineer Job in UK
- Requisition ID: 2018-31408
Work Location: GB-Cheshire-Warrington
Department / Discipline: Tech Safety
Additional Work Location: GB-Lanarkshire-Glasgow
Position Type: Staff / Permanent
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for a Senior Safety Case Engineers with extensive experience in the nuclear industry.
About Wood Nuclear:
Wood’s nuclear business supports customers in the energy generation, new build, decommissioning and defence sectors.
Our nuclear business has offices in Knutsford and Birchwood in Cheshire, Gloucester, Dorchester, Harwell, Glasgow, Newcastle, Bristol, Cumbria, Reading and London. We also have a strong international presence to support our growing operations in France, Slovakia, Czech Republic, Poland, South Africa and Japan.
Our reputation for safely delivering quality projects on time and on budget is well recognised in the industries we serve. We have proven expertise in managing large, complex projects, a global reach and long-standing UK presence, strong relationships with our clients and cutting-edge processes and technologies.
What that means to you is the opportunity to experience a real variety of projects, working with people from different backgrounds. You’ll work closely with our clients and committed to achieving outstanding results in a stimulating and quality-driven environment.
Due to the ongoing growth of the business, Wood has several exciting opportunities for talented individuals to join our growing teams based in our modern Birchwood, Westlakes and Glasgow offices.
Working within our team, you will form a key part of our dynamic safety services community, with an unparalleled variety of work. We support a huge range of projects and clients across the nuclear industry, including fuel cycle, decommissioning, defence, generating reactors, new build and fusion.
Key responsibilities for this role will be the ability to take on complex and challenging work delivering safety cases across a diverse range of customers and regulated environments, rapidly building the confidence of the customer and helping to keep building our business.
As an experienced member of the team, you will be given the opportunity to help develop the business and the individuals within our business. As part of the Wood Safety Assurance community you will have access to training and mentoring that will allow you to continue developing your career in the Nuclear Industry. At Wood we believe that investment in our people is a key element of our successful growth.
Skills / Qualifications
Skills & Experience
- Experience of working within the regulated environment of the nuclear industry. Be able to demonstrate a sound understanding of different regulators.
- Demonstrable knowledge and understanding of safety cases across a varied customer base, including defence and Civil Nuclear industry.
- Strong communication skills with stakeholders both internally and externally.
- Track record and demonstrable ability to deliver challenging Safety Cases to time, quality, cost and customer satisfaction.
- Ability to work in a team in a multidisciplinary environment.
- Self-motivated, with an ability and desire to work collaboratively with other teams and/or organisations to create new opportunities.
- Must be flexible to travel and work at customer sites for both long and short durations
- Be based in our in Birchwood, Westlakes or Glasgow offices.
- Understanding or having worked at Sellafield, fuel cycle or decommissioning sites.
- Understanding or having completed work at Defence sites e.g. BAe, Faslane.
- Understanding or having worked on existing EDF fleet.
- Understanding or having worked on new build GDA
What do you get?
As well as exciting roles on projects in the UK and abroad; in a supportive and professional work environment, these are some of the additional benefits you can expect at Wood:
- A competitive reward package
- Work life balance – We offer flexible working; we have core and flex hours in all our permanent office locations.
- Family friendly benefits – maternity, paternity, adoption and parental leave.
- International opportunities – As an 60,000 strong community of colleagues operating in 60 counties you will have access to international career opportunities.
- For your peace of mind we offer life insurance benefit on top of a contributory pension scheme, as well as income protection and life assurance benefit.
- To support you throughout your career you will have access to an Employee Assistance programme, which can offer anything from financial advice to mental health support and counselling sessions.
For our communities:
- We give back to our communities, we have a matched funding community investment programme. In our global business our people are showing commitment and courage to care for the communities we operate in. You can do this by supporting causes and raising funds for charities that are important to you, your colleagues and your local area.
Apply for this job