Senior Safety Advisor Job in Canada
Job Locations: CA-AB-Calgary
Job ID: 2018-1445
Number of Openings: 1
RHi is currently seeking a Senior Safety Advisor for our client in Calgary, a major oil & gas operator, for a 1 year contract position. This position supports the Business Units (Bus) in implementing the organizations corporate requirements and is an overall champion for compliance to OHS legislation. The Safety Advisor serves as an expert safety resource to the BUs and other functional groups. The individual in this position will be most effective by earning credibility with the BUs and partnering with them to create and foster a continuous improvement culture focused on occupational safety and operational integrity. This senior level position is part of the Occupational Safety Team and works collaboratively with representatives from the BUs to ensure that common standards, tools, systems, and processes developed by Process and Occupational Safety (P&OS) meet the needs of the Bus.
This senior level position is responsible for providing technical occupational safety leadership as a member of the Occupational Safety team within the larger Process and Occupational (P&OS) department. The P&OS department supports the organizations operational Business Units (BUs) by developing companywide standards. P&OS is also the developer and owner of common tools, systems, and processes such as DriveSafe, WorkSafe, and the company’s aviation audit program and accompanying aviation safety standards. Specific responsibilities may include:
- Lead the Safe Operations (Element 2) network and be the owner of selected Element 2 procedures and standards.
- Work collaboratively with other members of the P&OS team and BU personnel to support implementation and continuous improvement in Safe Operations.
- Lead the development and adoption of Human Factors aspects into day to day operations.
- Support the development and implementation of a strategy that positions the organization to meet the evolving regulatory push to more formally legislate safety culture.
- Provide coaching, mentoring and technical support to BU representatives in Occupational Safety, including interpretation of regulatory requirements, and development and application of corporate standards and requirements.
- Generate safety alerts/communiques
- Develop a companywide Behavioral Based Safety program.
- Develop a companywide safe work permit system standard.
- Preparing safety performance benchmarking reports.
Occupational Safety Certificate/Diploma or Degree from a recognized Canadian post-secondary institution.
Canadian Registered Safety Professional (CRSP) or Certified Safety Professional (CSP)
10 years of industry experience in a safety related role.
10 to 15 years of oil and gas industry experience supporting field or plant operations.
Working knowledge of corporate standards, Occupational Health & Safety.
Act/Regulations, CSA Standards, other legislative requirements, industry standards and best practices.
Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Visio and Power Point.
Previous experience supervising / mentoring individuals.
First Aid including CPR and AED certification
Strong report writing skills and verbal communication skills.
Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, able to set priorities.
Ability to exercise tact, discretion and sound judgement.
Apply for this job here