Senior Safety Advisor Job in Australia
Job ID: 985771
Job Type: Permanent Full-time
Location: Aus – Melbourne
Categories: Safety / Health / Environment / Quality
About the Project
The West Gate Tunnel Project is a city-shaping project that will deliver a vital alternative to the West Gate Bridge, provide quicker and safer journeys, and remove thousands of trucks off residential streets. The project will include:
- Widening the West Gate Freeway from eight lanes to 12 between the M80 Ring Road and Williamstown Road;
- Building a 2.8km eastbound tunnel and a 4km westbound tunnel under Yarraville;
- Constructing a bridge over the Maribyrnong River providing an alternative to the West Gate Bridge;
- Constructing an elevated road along Footscray Road to the Port of Melbourne; and
- Major new cycling and pedestrian paths.
We aim to maximise the potential of all our people. This means having an inclusive culture that values and sustains diversity and a work-life balance. To achieve this, we are focused on:
- Embedding flexible work practices
- Providing development opportunities for our women
- Leaders championing and supporting our females to succeed
- Actively looking to attract and promote women into non- traditional roles and putting support structures in place to help them succeed.
We are seeking applications for an experienced Senior Safety Advisor with a background in civil construction projects. We are looking for a dynamic and motivated individual who can support and drive the HSE culture on site while providing support and coordination of safety and environmental practices, systems and procedures on the project.
As a Senior Safety, Health Advisor you will be accountable for:
- Develop processes, implement and monitor programs to provide a safe working environment for all personnel.
- Conduct health and safety audits and inspections as per audit schedules and risk profile of the works
- Support delivery team and ensure compliance to the project construction documentation processes; provide specialist advice during its development and monitor implementation in the field
- Undertake regular safety monitoring activities, ensuring compliance to safety management systems, contractor agreements and contracts, relevant legislation and business requirements.
- Participate in and provide guidance to contractors and stakeholders during on site safety engagements, inspections, audits and the like.
- Coordinate and conduct safety training/workshops, assessments and inductions for management and project team members.
- Support the implementation of the projects safety strategy and associated actions / programs
- Facilitate and coordinate relevant safety meetings and forums for project team members, stakeholders, and contractors.
- Coordinate and lead incident investigations to determine causes and mitigating and preventative measures. Overseeing and managing the appropriateness and level of implementation of such measures; with ongoing monitoring of compliance.
Our minimum requirements for the role are:
- Diploma or higher in Safety or related field
- 8+ years in Safety roles in high Risk construction – Civil and Roads experience recommended, Mid-level management positions held previously
- Extensive experience of workplace and contractor safety management processes within complex environments.
- Well-developed understanding in the interpretation of Occupational Health and Safety legislation.
- Demonstrated experience supporting or leading incident investigations including the development of reports and close out of corrective actions.
- Experience in undertaking safety inspections and other safety monitoring activities including the development of audit reports and close out of corrective actions.