Senior Malaria Technical Advisor Position in Abuja, Nigeria
- Job ID: 13-10900
The Senior Malaria Technical Advisor is a member of the senior leadership team and will support the IDIQ at the central level and liaise with state teams to ensure quality technical service is provided to task orders as needed. The Senior Malaria Technical Advisor will be instrumental in the design, development, and management of malaria initiatives and will provide the technical and strategic leadership to stakeholders at every level of the health system. The Senior Malaria Technical Advisor will supervise a team of technical advisors that will manage direct service delivery and cross cutting areas as needed in the project and will also serve as the Deputy Chief of Party for the project.
- Collaborate with PMI-S senior management team to oversee the implementation of program activities at the federal level and subnational levels.
- Lead the development and monitoring of the annual work plans and work closely with the COP to ensure that departmental work plans are implemented and monitored on a monthly and quarterly basis.
- Lead development of quality technical deliverables and reports for submission to USAID and MOH.
- Participate in meetings with the Ministry of Health and USAID/ PMI to share progress, accomplishments, and challenges and ensure common understanding of current as well as future strategic direction with guidance of the COP.
- Deputize the COP and serve acting COP in absence of the incumbent. Also perform other duties as assigned by the COP.
- Collaborate with the Chief of Party, Director of Finance and Operations, and State Team Director and the MSH Headquarters to allocate and utilize project resources in the most efficient way and ensure effective technical, budgeting and financial management.
- Lead a team of Senior Technical Advisors in both service delivery areas (prevention, diagnosis, treatment, and pharmaceutical management) and cross cutting areas (HMIS, HSS, Private Sector, and ACSM) to deliver quality malaria control and lead to elimination targets.
Qualifications and Experience
- Master’s degree in public health (preferred PhD or MD equivalent) in infectious diseases focused on malaria or other vector borne illnesses.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience managing and implementing complex health care service programs in developing countries in a senior management position. (Previous Deputy Chief of Party or Technical Director Experience preferred.) Understanding of US Government policies and procedures, or of other donors, is a plus.
- Demonstrated strategic agility, diplomacy, conflict management, team building, and interpersonal skills to ensure internal coherence among diverse team members and sub-partners, as well as external relations with the Ministry of Health, civil society, private sector and other stakeholders.
- Familiarity with the structure, systems and policies of the health sector in Nigeria or in close collaboration with the Ministry of Health (a must).
- Demonstrated experience building capacity of government professionals (mentorship, coaching or other) to achieve results amidst challenges will be an added advantage
- Experience in public or private sector for malaria prevention and/ or case management services.
- Demonstrated success achieving results in multiple malaria disciplines (e.g., LLIN distribution, malaria prevention, malaria in pregnancy, diagnosis, treatment of acute and severe malaria, academic or operational research in malaria).
- Experience in developing policy and harmonized approaches in a highly diverse population.
- Strong communication skill to fulfill the diverse technical and managerial requirements of the program and to effectively coordinate with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and communicate a common vision among diverse partners and the ability to lead multidisciplinary teams.
- Track record of strong commitment to sharing knowledge, documenting experiences, supporting creative initiatives, and sharing credit.
- Advanced professional proficiency in English is required.
How to Apply
interested and qualified? click on the link below to apply.
HSEWatch is an all-encompassing Health and Safety platform. Always visit HSEWatch for Insightful HSE articles, HSE Jobs, HSE Training opportunities and HSE News.
If you have any question as related to health and Safety, feel free to ask us, we will guide you as much as possible.
You can also advertise your Health and Safety related products and services here on HSEWatch, contact us today on – Ubongeh4life@gmail.com
We are waiting to be of service to you.