Senior HSE Technical (Loss Prevention) Engineer
Company: STS – T&C – Process & Tech
Location: Abu Dhabi
Brief Posting Description
We are currently sourcing a Senior Technical (Loss Prevention) Engineer to join our team in Abu Dhabi.
This position will report directly to Operations Manager.
– Bachelor of Engineering in Chemical / Process or equivalent degree from recognized university
– Minimum Experience of 10 years in Oil and Gas industry
– Minimum Experience of 10 years with Engineering Consultancy
Active participation in HAZID/ENVID/OHID Study, HAZOP Study, SIL Study, Layout Safety review, Constructability, SIMOPS, PHSER etc.,
– Thorough knowledge in preparing Scope of Work, understanding and commenting 3rd party studies like Consequence analysis, FERA, EERA, QRA, HSEIA, COMAH, F&G Mapping Study etc.,
– Preparation of Loss Prevention Philosophy, fire protection philosophy, Fire and Gas philosophy
Active Fire Protection (AFP) documents / drawings (Process Areas & Buildings):
– Preparation of Water demand calculation, detailed design on water, foam and gas based fire protection systems
– Fire Water Network analysis, Technical specifications, Process datasheets, line / valve list, PFDs and P&IDs
– Preparation of Fire Fighting and Safety Equipment Data Sheets, Specifications, MR and Layouts
Fire and Gas Detection:
– Preparation of F&G Layouts (Process Areas and Buildings)
– Preparation of F&G Cause and Effects
– Thorough knowledge of interpretation of F&G Mapping Study
Passive Fire Protection (PFP) documents / drawings:
– Preparation of PFP schedule, Inventory calculation, PFP layouts and PFP specification / datasheet
Other Safety Related documents / drawings:
– Preparation of Hazardous Area classification schedule & layouts.
– Preparation of flare radiation and dispersion calculations
– Preparation of dyke wall calculation for flammable liquid storage tanks
– Preparation of Emergency Evacuation Rescue Report and Layout
– Review of noise and vibration study
– Preparation of emission inventory report
– Review of noise study
– Experience of working in a multi-project/multi-disciplined environment, and throughout all engineering and design phases of projects
– Sound knowledge and interpretation of API, ANSI, ISO, IP, NFPA, BS etc.
– Sound knowledge of using software’s like PHAST, FRED, Flaresim, Pipenet etc.
– Ability to interpret Client Standards, and develop Internal and projects specific HSE Standards.
– Experienced at completing Site Surveys, attending Design Reviews.
– Experience in estimation of Man-hours and proposals.
How To Apply
Please quote job reference IRC 145132 in all correspondence relating to this position.
To be considered, please follow the prompts within the system – applications via email will not be considered.