Senior/ HSE Specialist Borouge Compounding China
Job Ref: BOR2450
Borouge Compounding (Shanghai) Co., Ltd.
Compounding Manufacturing Plant
Health, Safety & Environment
China – Shanghai
Full Time (China Only)
Area of responsibility
- Supporting Buildings & Investments department on engineering, EIA,/SIA/HIA and related project permissions for all projects in AN region
- Manage HSE facilities investment, i.e. Firefighting system, waste water treatment plant, waste gas treatment facilities; set up and provide specifications, review and approve the design, supervise the construction, and approve the acceptance
- Support project team and contractors on construction safety management to achieve 0 accident target;
- Support Line Personnel to further enhance their HSE knowledge and understanding attained through Company HSE Training Programs
- Collect applicable HSE laws & regulations, identify and deliver the requirements to related department / functions, evaluate and report the compliance status, and track the improvements
- Provide the link between respective Functions and Environment Engineer and Industrial Hygienist
- Expert in occupational and behavioural HSE programs facilitating continuous improvement in respective operational unit
- Actively participate in Line meetings and forums as necessary, encouraging personnel to adopt a risk based approach to their daily activities and mitigation practices
- Support, when applicable the delivery of HSE training sessions, particularly the practical aspects, providing encouragement to Line Personnel to take part, and further enhance their HSE knowledge and understanding attained through continual knowledge transfer
- Ensure effective networking with Borouge HSE Advisor community to ensure consistent application of HSE programs across the regions
- Perform audits and inspections in accordance with the program ensuring line involvement, effective implementation and communication of outcomes, that drives continuous HSE improvement
- Work in conjunction with HSE Development Department providing functional input during the development phase and consistent execution of final products
- Personally exhibit exemplary commitment to the HSE observation program encouraging Line involvement, coaching and supporting personnel to improve their technique and commitment
- Encourage Line Personnel to utilize HSE Tools, such as Incident Reporting, TRA etc. coaching them to continually improve the quality of the application
Provide support and guidance to assess the severity of specific and system causes
- Graduated with a University Degree in Bachelor of Science in Engineering preferably in Safety, Environment, and Mechanical, Chemical, Electrical & Industrial or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a Health; Safety; Environment; preferably in chemical industries.
- Project management experience is a must
- Internationally recognized Health and Safety qualification preferred..
- Excellent coordination and teamwork skills, with good ability to work effectively with other people and in teams.
- Excellent communication skills and proficiency in English.
- Computer software user’s knowledge and experience.
- Contractors management skills
- HSE legal requirements and standards, Fire safety stadards;
- Project permission process
- ISO & OHSAS management systems
- HAZOP study