Senior HSE Advisor Oceaneering Australia
Location: Perth, Australia
Job ID: 12287
Job Type: Full-time
Oceaneering is a global oilfield provider of engineered services and products to the offshore oil and gas industry as well as mining. Through the use of its applied technology expertise, Oceaneering also serves the defense, entertainment, and aerospace industries. Oceaneering’s business offerings include remotely operated vehicles, built-to-order specialty subsea hardware, deepwater intervention and manned diving services, non-destructive testing and inspection, and engineering and project management.
We are currently seeking a Senior HSE Advisor to lead and manage health, safety and environmental practices and systems across our Australian operations. Reporting to the HSEQ Manager – Asia Pacific, with a dotted line to the Country Manager – Australia, this is a highly visible and critical role in our organisation. We are looking for a HSE professional with solid expertise and experience in this field, that can engage effectively at all levels, and has a strategic yet collaborative approach to HSE management.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead and build a positive safety culture through promotion of Oceaneering’s Core Values and applying our global HSE Management System framework;
- Development, deployment and maintenance of the HSE Management System designed to minimise injuries and reduce exposure to workplace hazards;
- Ensure all sites and employees are working in compliance with Company, Customer, regulatory, industry standards such as ISO & API requirements;
- Develop and maintain local legal register and interface with local regulatory agencies as needed;
- Implementation of corporate, regional and local HSE management requirements and policies;
- Set annual HSE performance goals, track these on a monthly basis, share best practices and areas for continuous improvement;
- Participation in operations management meetings, global HSE calls, as well as site toolbox talks;
- Provide technical support to line management, assist in developing and maintaining risk assessments and environmental aspect and impact registers, and monitor the implementation of the control measures;
- Collaborate with line management and HSE personnel to perform audits and inspections, provide feedback, establish and track required actions to improve HSE performance improvements;
- Manage the integration of the Life Saving Rules Fatality Prevention Behaviours into risk assessments and JSEA, including the design and delivery of an effective communications plan;
- Provide technical support during incident investigations and track corrective action to drive improvement and accountability;
- Develop and maintain a robust contractor management program;
- Provide leadership, support and training to build technical, management and leadership skills needed to drive a positive safety culture.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications and experience:
- Tertiary education in Sciences or Engineering or Safety related field
- 5+ years’ experience in a safety leadership role, preferably in the oil and gas industry
- Demonstrated ability to effectively convey information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in an engaging manner and gain commitment and compliance
- Working knowledge of Australian laws and decrees
- High level of technical HSE knowledge particularly in the area of HSE Management Systems and associated processes
- Solid understanding of international standards OHSAS18001 (ISO45001) and ISO 14001 and 9001
- ISO 14001 & OSHA18001 (ISO45001) Internal Auditor certificate or equivalent (desired)
- NEBOSH certificate or any equivalent certification (desired)
- Root cause analysis training (desired)
- Risk Management Training (desired)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel.
This position is considered OFFICE WITH OFFSHORE/WORKSHOP TYPE OF WORK.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.