Jacobs is a global provider of technical, professional and scientific services including engineering, architecture, construction, operations and project management. Our portfolio spans industrial, commercial, and government clients across multiple markets and geographies.
The Auckland based Senior HSE Advisor will be responsible for providing specialist HSE related support, coordination and advise of safety practices, systems and procedures. They will be monitoring compliance with the safety systems and procedures within the workplace and provide operational support to Project Management and Leadership Teams in their designated operations.
The HSE Advisor will also be undertaking safety audits and safety walks, get involved with the coaching and mentoring of Project Safety Advisors and Trainees and be active champion of increasing overall Health and safety culture, awareness and performance in their designated areas.
This position supports a good work-life balance, only Monday to Friday work required with occasional travel.
To be considered for this role you will ideally need the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- A relevant Health & Safety Certificate IV is required as a minimum, with an Advanced diploma in WHS a desired qualification
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessing or demonstrated practical experience
- Safety Lead Auditor Qualification (within Occupational Health and Safety or equivalent)
- Construction experience is essential and experience in the renewable sector will be advantageous.
- Thorough understanding of NZ WHS legislation
- Other HSE related training – Working at heights, confined space etc. will be highly regarded
- OHS and/or Environmental Professional Affiliation or designation with accredited New Zealand / Australian or international HSE council/board desired (e.g., SIA, IOSH, BCSP, etc.)
- Valid Driver’s Licence