Senior Health and Safety Specialist UAE (UAE National) – ENEC
Expiry Date: 2018/08/24
This job is for candidates who will implement CPO-HSE Oversight activities of PC and Non-PC direct contractors, as per CPO-HSE procedure. This includes carrying out site activities oversight inspections, technical Health and Safety reviews such as Job Hazard Analysis, and Incident investigations..etc.
Activity: Health & Safety Oversight inspections and reporting.
- Monitor the health & safety indicators, such as; accident rates, across the organization to propose corrective action wherever necessary
- Participate in investigations regarding accidents to determine their causes and make recommendations to prevent recurrence
- Participate in the health & safety inspections of ENEC-CPO sites to ensure all relevant safety measures are appropriately applied.
- Assist in the development and communication of emergency and disaster management action plans to ensure all relevant stakeholders abide by ENEC’s instructions.
- Generate Daily inspection report and raise DNRs for deficiencies.
- Daily coordination with Construction Departments Heads and raise high level observations to CPO Health and Safety Head in a daily basis.
Activity: Health & Safety Evaluation
- Participate in evaluating physical risk and conducting analysis and treatment activities covering all ENEC’s sites in order to ensure adequate health & safety practices across ENEC sites.
- Assist Construction, Quality, Material Management, Commissioning teams in their activities by providing guidance and technical advises from Health and Safety point of view.
- Provide guidance to H&S specialists on their role to support construction departments in their activities
- Collect all necessary information regarding the health & safety and prepare reports to facilitate management decision making.
- Participate in reviewing and providing comments on CPO related engineering and construction documents to ensure needs are met and standards are maintained.
- Review QPR and ensure all matters were reflected in the report before it is submitted to the Head
Activity: Policies and Procedures
- Contribute to the revision of policies and procedures related of all Health & Safety and implementation of prescribed standards across ENEC in order to provide recommendations where necessary
- Be aware of all BNPP procedures and be Head of department’s technical advisor
- Follow all relevant company’s HSE policies, processes, procedures and instructions to ensure HSE compliance in all aspects of work in accordance with sound management practices by applying these HSE policies and procedures to self and others to take reasonable care for the health and safety of people, or the environment, who are at the employee’s place of work who may be affected by the employees acts or omissions at work.
- Follow all relevant Security policies, processes, procedures and instructions to ensure security compliance in all aspects of work, by applying them on self, others and Corporate assets
- Ensure compliance with corporate requirements for adherence to policies, procedures and instructions related to Crisis Management and Business Continuity in order to continue mission-critical activities.
Activity: Knowledge transfer
- Contribute to the development of UAE National employees in a manner which supports the objectives corporation and its Emiratization strategy.
- Contribute to knowledge dissemination/sharing in a way that assists with building internal capabilities pf UAE Nationals where applicable and maximize their effective performance.
Communication and Working Relationships:
Internal:Internal departments within the CPO and ENEC as necessary
External:KEPCO and sub-contractors as and when applicable
Qualifications:Bachelor in Engineering. Preferred, Master in Engineering
Professional Certifications:NEBOSH IGC, Preferred, NEBOSH Diploma
Experience:5 year in industrial field
- Knowledge of Health, Safety and Environment
- HSE Assurance
- HSE legislations and standards
- Hazard identification and risk control
- Presentations Skills
- Project Management
- Policy Design & Formulation
- Knowledge of Nuclear Industry
- Use of relevant IT
- Research & Analysis
- Process design and improvement
- Change Management and Stakeholder
- Professional Qualifications
- Respect for Safety & Security
- Integrity and Transparency
- Communication Effectiveness
- Results Focus: Working Effectively and Efficiently
- Customer Focus
- Coaching Skills
- Ability to take any given responsibility in the absence of his line manager