Senior Environmental Engineer Job in Oman
Job Ref: 133620BR
Employment Type: Full Time
Work Location: Muscat – Shell Development Oman
No. of Positions: 1
Job Expires: 11-Mar-2020
- Helps co-ordinate and integrate delivery of Oman Shell’s Carbon Strategy and Energy Transition Plan for SOV/NOV in line with RDS and Upstream Conventional Oil and Gas (COG) Green House Gas (GHG) and methane ambitions and aspirations.
- Co-ordinates and provides direct technical support and assurance to annual GHG cycle (business planning, GHG & EMP) for SOV/NOVs
- Establishes and drives Oman Shell methane management objectives in SOV/NOVs (e.g. LDAR)
- Supports and influences the identification and progress of GHG and energy management opportunities across Shell’s SOV/NOVs using appropriate work processes e.g. benchmarking, forecasting, ALARP demonstration, F&V plans etc to help drive a competitive step change in GHG intensity performance in our SOV/NOVs.
- Acts as a key relationship holder for influencing PDO in line with the AMT Key Focus Area for GHG and Energy Management
- Provide recommendations on the application of relevant Shell internal standards, technical aspects of legislative requirements, and external standards and policy; partners with Government Relations as Oman Shell’s Regulatory and Advocacy technical focal point on current and emerging regulations and policy.
- Lead preparation of, and maintain, reasonable assurance for GHG Verification for SOV and evaluate and steer where needed, assurance processes used by NOVs.
- Supports development and maturation of Oman Shell’s HSSE business management procedures / guidance / systems / training i.e. air emissions and discharges into the environment, flaring and venting, GHG management, VOCs, NOx and SOx, ozone depleting substances, water into the environment and waste management.
- Provides specialist environmental support to in-country Emergency Response and Crisis Management Teams.
- Serve as direct technical liaison expert with agency representatives e.g. Ministry of Environment and Climate Affairs (MECA), Ministry of Oil and Gas (MOG) leveraging recognized international best practices e.g. IOGP, IPIECA etc.
- Contributes to the development of a clear, shared vision, of ‘no harm to people and protect the environment’, using visible and felt leadership skills to inspire environmental performance improvement amongst staff and contractors.
- B.S. in Engineering or Sciences
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience working in the environmental field, preferably in onshore operating assets within the oil & gas exploration and production industry.
- Has a strong working knowledge of internationally recognized practice requirements.
- Very strong organizational skills, attention to detail and awareness of regulatory processes.
- Demonstrable experience in delivery regulatory compliance and environmental management support to major from development to operation.
- Strong knowledge of industry best practice for management GHG/environment and delivery through collaboration with, in-country team, JV partners, local working groups and regulatory agencies.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills and able to work effectively across organizational and functional boundaries and teams, within and outside the organisation.
- Experience coaching others, leadership experience an advantage.
HSEWatch is an all-encompassing Health and Safety platform. Always visit HSEWatch for Insightful HSE articles, HSE Jobs, HSE Training opportunities and HSE News.
If you have any question as related to health and Safety, feel free to ask us, we will guide you as much as possible.
You can also advertise your Health and Safety related products and services here on HSEWatch, contact us today on – Ubongeh4life@gmail.com
We are waiting to be of service to you.