Senior Electrical Design Engineer TEC Group United States
Baton Rouge, LA or Charlotte NC
Permanent – Chemicals
This roles primary responsibility is to be the electrical design lead within the project design team that runs all programs from inception to handover. This person will ensure that the final electrical installation will be safe, operable, economical, and environmentally sound while meeting Albemarle specifications and all associated regulatory requirements. The candidate will also provide technical support for troubleshooting, problem solving, and providing failure analysis related to electrical installations during construction and start-up. Projects may be executed utilizing plant resources or by going out to external engineering and construction contractors.
- Works with Project Manager and engineering team of various disciplines in execution of numerous projects.
- Reviews the accuracy of documentation and performs modifications where necessary.
- Develops and documents the design, material equipment list, all drawing modifications and cost estimations for the electrical element of the project.
- Writes strategy and resource needs required to define and engineer the electrical power distribution systems.
- Works with industry power models and verifies that the electrical installation being designed will meet short circuit, incident energy, and protective device coordination meet the parameters set forth for each plant site.
- Provides assistance in overseeing construction efforts as it pertains to electrical design and assists with any troubleshooting or problems solving required to meet installation deadlines
- Verifies drawings and design details of existing facility are up to date and all field modifications made during construction are accurately documented and released back to the customer in a timely manner.
- Travels to project sites as needed to support project scope development, construction, testing, and start up. Short to extended stays may be needed depending upon complexity of the installation.
- Communicates directly with outside vendors to specify, obtains quotes, and follow up on purchases of electrical equipment and services.
- Interfaces frequently with SAP to enter purchase requisitions, weekly time sheets, and input project information.
- Maintains constant vigilance for personal and surrounding worker safety, communicates unsafe conditions immediately, and provides direction as needed to ensure construction and design are performed in a safe and injury free manner during performance of daily tasks.
- Reviews and revises engineering specifications and standards as required by supervision or as needed to ensure compliance with industry and regulatory requirements.
- Develops project tools and engineering guidelines as required that will be used to standardize engineering design parameters and processes.
- BSc in Electrical Engineering
- 7 or more years in a petrochemical environment supporting electrical projects or maintenance & reliability.
- Minimum 4 years working as a direct hire within an industrial manufacturing environment or for a petrochemical company.
- Demonstrable experience with projects over $½million.
- Demonstrable knowledge of distribution systems at 13.8Kv and below.
- Knowledge of safety standards, OSHA, NFPA 70 & NFPA 70E.
- Working knowledge of electrical modeling software as it relates to incident energy, short circuit ratings, and protective device coordination.
- Demonstrated ability working with electrical heat tracing installations, sizing motors, developing fuse and / or circuit breaker trip settings, sizing power cables, sizing transformers, and sizing cable tray.
- Eligibility to work within the US without sponsorship.